Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Panties for heavy periods/accidents  (Read 10606 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Panties for heavy periods/accidents
« on: May 17, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

off to GOOGLE  ;)

something I read late last night which may be of interest:

"Created by tennis star Annabel Croft and TV presenter Carol Smillie, Diarydolls are lightweight, breathable super soft and contain a secret waterproof panel to protect clothing and bedding against any embarrassing leaks, perfect for period, pelvic floor, or even post maternity problems. ..... "

Dairydolls web-site available
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:41:04 PM by CLKD »

ariadne

Re: Panties for heavy periods/accidents
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »

Thanks for reminder - I saw it too and was going to Google them but forgot after finishing the paper. Was thinking of my young  granddaughter whose periods have just started.

Ariadne xx

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »

Wish they'd been around when I was younger. Great idea.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

I've seen them in John Lewis but they are not in every store.

Taz x

ariadne

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »

Â£14.99 a pair so quite expensive but what a brilliant idea. Would have saved me some embarrassment both as as teenager and during perimenopausal floods!

Think I'll still get my granddaughter a pair and leave them in her bedroom with a little note to explain what they are for. I know she would be embarrassed if I gave them to her face to face ::)

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »

I too wish something like that had been around - I began by wearing belts with loops and pads - remember those  :-[ ? which followed by pads which went into pants but there was always a gap and some makes stuck  :-\ …….. in my worst days I wore a thick pad, 2 pairs of old knickers, tights, pants …….. oh so hot and oh so  :sigh:

Flooding.  Gaps.  Smell …….

I get the impression from the article that they are like plastic baby pants which went over terry nappies?

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:14:33 PM »

Oh I remember the double pairs of pants just in case. Horrible when you are a teenager. Not so bad in girls only classes which was until I was 14 but mixed classes were a nightmare.

Peri menopause even worse. Two tampons....yes two...two pads and two pairs of pants and I still could not go out. Don't miss that at all.

Those pants would have been great.

Honeyb
x

ariadne

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

No they're like normal pants but with a waterproof strip that goes up the middle as far as the waistband. The descriptions says they are as soft as normal pants and they look very pretty too.

Oh yes those horrible belts and those school incinerators! Yuk

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »

I was so embarrassed, walking to the incinerator - all the Big Girls standing there 'cos it was the warmest place in the School at play time - knowing ….. I would wait until the bell went before leaving the cubicle ……..  :'(

I would leak from the sides, at night from the waistband as well  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »

Oh yes those belts & looped towels. Talk about getting a wedgie at wrong time of the month. Blooming awful things they were.

ariadne

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »

What came after the belted towels? I know they were still thick and uncomfortable but they didn't have an adhesive strip yet did they?

I remember when I was young my mum used to send me to the corner shop to buy "ST's" and I didn't realise till my teens what they were. Fancy asking me to go get them :o

Ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »

I never wore the belted one's. By the time I was using them it was towels with the sticky strip. They were huge, like a lumpy brick between your legs and they leaked.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »

I moved onto kotex ones, which came with special pants. Towels had one longish end that you looped through a clip inside the pants. Slightly more comfortable than before. Then came the sticky ones. If only Always had been on the go back then!

Linsey44

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 09:59:45 PM »

Honeybun i remember that feeling of the towels feeling massive when i first started using them.  Apparently you get reduced size towels now for young girls/teens. Lucky things.

On that note my wee girl 9 going on 90 was sitting the other day reading her book about what changes girls go through and cos she had her headphones in listening to music, shouted at the top of her voice - what size is a tampon? Out of the mouths of babes? Hopefully it will be a long time before she needs anything

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 08:44:48 AM »

;D

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2