Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HRT will it ever work.  (Read 15137 times)

Anjia

HRT will it ever work.
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »

I am on oestrogen only patch at the moment after tablet side affects and feel wretched this morning.This is the second patch Im trying  everol50, last night I had one of those waking up in a panic nights that just went on and on ,I have been on hrt for over a year but can honestly say I have never felt good on it so whats the point? I really don't no where to go from here its helped with flushes but that's about it.

honeybun

Re: HRT will it ever work.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

Sometimes I wonder the same thing. Patches helped my flushes but I developed anxiety when I was on them so they do nothing for that. I have bad joint aches too.
I think the reason I stay on them is I am scared of how much worse I would be off them.

HRT is not a miracle for me nor many others I suspect but it helps a bit.

Honeyb
x

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »

That's exactly how I feel Honeybun Im aching all over today and look bloody awful, like you I feel afraid to stop them in case I feel worse if that's possible.

louie2

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »

Hi, I'm just over 10 days on evorel 50 too, still having awful flushes they seem no better although my panics and low mood seem to have lifted slightly, feel like I've been hit by a truck most mornings and finding it hard to get up and get going, am wondering if I should change them?  :-\

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »

Hi
I feel exactly the same, it's worked well for flushes but I really don't think it's done much for my anxiety or low mood.
I seem to get PMT during and after my bleeds too.
I have thought about coming off HRT also but I am scared incase I feel worse.
Shellb
xXx

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »

HRT is suppose to make you feel better!

Sometimes I don't think the trade off is always a good thing, continually searching for the right HRT after so long, maybe your body is trying to tell you something.

In most women flushes eventually calm down, VA can be handled naturally or with local estriol or estrodiol, maybe subjecting our bodies to larger amounts of hormones post menopause can be too much for some women.

I am certainly glad not to have migraine type headaches anymore and my body does not feel controlled anymore by hormone ups and downs.

I don't have the answers for you Anjia, the only thing you can do is come off hormones and see how your body copes.

Shazzie

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:46:49 AM »

Hiya

I had trouble getting the Femseven Patch from pharmacy and was told that they had been discontinued so I thought to myself shall I just not ask for an alternative and see how it goes with no HRT.  I can always go back on it afterall.

I stopped using the patches about a fortnight ago and I feel wonderful.  Fingers crossed it continues.  I was really scared to just stop but I have had no side effects so far.

Take care.

Shazzie xx

Anjia

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

Thanks so much all of you I am going to stop all types of hrt for a while see what happens I can only try and see what happens.

Spangles

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 12:19:15 PM »

Hi Shazzie
How long had you been using HRT for?
I've been on it for 2 years.
Thinking of coming off but as I said before I'm a little bit scared.
xXx

Spangles

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

Hi Anjia
How long have you been on HRT for?
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »

I tried and it did not end up well. Within 6 weeks my day and night flushes were back with a vengeance and my IBS was so much worse.

I am now on half a patch and keep the worse of the symptoms at bay.

Of course everyone is different.

Honeyb
x

Spangles

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 12:29:44 PM »

Hi Honey
How long have you been using HRT for and how did you feel when you stopped using it initially before your symptoms returned?
Thanks
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »

I have been on HRT for five nears in August. I started at 49.
Initially I felt fine and that lasted about four weeks. My anxiety was unchanged though and that was my main reason for stopping.....to see if the progesterone was contributing. It wasn't  :-\
Then the night sweats started to creep back and a few weeks later the daytime ones started again. I was not as bad at that point than I had been when I first started. It's the sleeplessness that floors me. I am a carer for a very demanding 91year old and I just can't cope with her when I am exhausted.

As I said everyone is different but I do know that until my circumstances change I will have to stay on HRT for the time being.

It's not great for me but it certainly helps me cope a little bit better.

Honeyb
x

Witches Cat

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »

Hello everyone, I've been on Elleste duet conti 2mg for 2 1/2 yrs, I'm 59 this November, and I told the doc early last year I wasn't happy on my HRT and needed a change, got told the only thing I could do was come off it, as I was on highest dose poss so lower or nothing was only option. My anxiety ranges from  bad to really awful, and I'm on and off Prozac regularly, I'm a naturally anxious person,  and although the HRT has helped the flushes (gone now) I still feel bad and I'm sure that when the anxiety is at its worst the HRT isn't helping, if it was, would I feel like this?  At my review 2 weeks ago the doc said (because of family probs that hubby and I are having to deal with) stay on the HRT as she didn't want to stress me any more by trying to reduce it. But since the problem we are dealing with has been lessened for the time being, (and we know it will get worse again) I'm taking my chance to stop the HRT all together... tried last year by reducing slowly but it didn't work and I had to go back on it properly, but I'm hopeful this time as outside circumstances and pressures are different now. I really feel HRT isn't doing it for me how I thought and hoped it would. I had what I hope is my last pill Sunday night, Time will tell I guess, I'll keep you posted. ???

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »

Good luck WC. I hope it works for you this time.

I really don't know when the time will be right for me but it's certainly not at the moment. Trying to deal with my mother on no sleep is just not an option, not to mention flushes every half hour. I just wish it would address my meno anxiety problems but it would seem it makes no difference at all.

Honeyb
x
Pages: [1] 2