Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: A weird symptom!  (Read 2948 times)

lazyhazy

A weird symptom!
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

Hi,  I am 49 and have been having the usual hot flushes and other nasty meno related issues for about 18 months. I have been having 3 or 4 periods a year, and each time on just one night during my period, I have had a stabbing pain on one side in my abdomen, just once, when I turn over in bed. It almost feels as is something 'pops'. It ranges from not too bad, to absolutly excruciating, when I have to just lay there and wait for it to subside a bit. If its a bad one, it takes most of the morning to start to feel better again.  It only happens the once in each period, and between times is fine. Anybody else have any experience of this, seems a bit daft going to the doc with this, as by the time I've got an appointment I'm fine. Thanks  :)

Annika

Re: A weird symptom!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »

Hi Lazy...I can remember having a pain usually in my right side for years once a month and was told it was something called "middle pain" when the egg is released from the follicle causes pain as it breaks through. However I also had ovarian cysts which also caused pain so you really need to get it checked by your GP to rule out appendictis etc.,

lazyhazy

Re: A weird symptom!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »

Thanks for the reply Annika, think I will mention to doc next time I go  :)