Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: update on my problems!!  (Read 2634 times)

tilly71

update on my problems!!
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:52:18 PM »

I have been taking menopace for a month now an I ve just had a normal period ;D, for the past year ive been gettin them every 3wks for 8 days at a time and very clotty and painful, sombody told me try menopace, 1st month was 4wks for 3days no clots although still very painful and heavy but I dont expect miracles. I hope this will carry on I will keep taking them, my doctor says I would benefit from the mirena coil but I dont fancy the thought of somthing in my womb. Im still gettin flushes but not as bad or long, my weight is still going up im very bloated, im eating well and exercising but not losing dont know why!, :-\

Dancinggirl

Re: update on my problems!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »

You are experiencing typical meno symptoms.  Menopace will help to keep you healthy but as your hormone levels drop you will probably get fluctuations in symptoms. I'd also try Omega 3 oils as they help to balance hormones. Meno symptoms can last from a few months to a couple of years but for some it can go on for 10 -20 years!!!
If you do find your periods are heavy then the Mirena can be a good option as you will stop bleeding after a few weeks (up to six months) altogether and you can add some Oestrogel to help with the flushes etc.  The choice of using HRT is very personal and depends on the severity of your symptoms and how much they effect your quality of life.
Sadly weight gain is quite an issue through peri and post meno.  We just have to eat a lot less.  The problem I find is the weight all sits round the top of my hips and tummy - horrid!!!
DG x