Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: wierd pain in hip  (Read 8468 times)

pixigirl

wierd pain in hip
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Hi, i have a very wierd pain that seems to be in the pelvis/hip are, not the hip socket. I do have a bad lower back but had this pain before

Joyce

Re: wierd pain in hip
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »

Sciatica maybe. Does pain go down your leg too?

lubylou

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

Pixie girl
This could be bursitis in the hip, I had this it was caused by my bad “walking”gait when I try and manoeuvre on my crutches, I have no sense of where my feet and legs are (my brain doesn't send the normal message to my legs) so I have to concentre to walk hence my gait is bad. Changes in how you walk or sit etc may not be why your hip pain has started but its worth considering.

I can tell you that my GP gave me a series of exercises to do and eventually the pain went away.
Lubylou

pixigirl

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »

Thank you for your replies. No pain down legs just in the hip area, both 2 days ado , now just the one.Not massivly painful but it does get worse with walking and resting makes t better. Think i will have to have trip to docs,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »

Hip pain is in the groin, back pain is in the pelvis/hip area  ;)

Bursistis can be hot to touch and slightly swollen.  I have burning pain in the thigh/s in the night but not troublesome in the day  :-\ ……… I'm trying to alter how I sit in the vehicles, at the computer, whilst watching TV …..

pixigirl

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 08:51:35 AM »

Ladies,
It seems to be progressing. Yhe pain is in my hip joints  now and giving pain down legs,Scatica? So trip tp docs planned. Thanks for all your advice.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:38:09 AM »

Do you have IBS? I get a pain in the pelvic/hip area when things are bad. It can keep me awake. My chiropractor says it is all interconnected.

pixigirl

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »

Ju JU.
yes i have got ibs. Never even thought about any conection. Am thinking of going to chiropractor fairly soon.Will see what she says.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »

Why would IBS and bone pain be connected?  Discuss …..

Constipation might cause low back pain.  Lax ligaments can be a problem as we age too, lack of oestrogen.

I have low back pain, sciatica, burning thighs, IBS but never connected.  Bad posture maybe  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »

I get the pain in my left hip, when my bowels are playing up, then it subsides once it all calms down. I noticed this and asked the chiropractor, who has an interest in health generally, not just bones. The digestive system does not work in isolation of the rest of the body. Everything effects everything else.

To illustrate, have you ever tried reflexology? I used to go to a reflexologist,who could tell what was going on in my body. I never told her how I was feeling. She told me. For instance, she could tell if I was constipated ( and she could induce a good bowel movement, not there and then, thank goodness!). I could feel a twinge in the corresponding part of the body to the part of the foot, she was working on. I don't understand how reflexology works or what the connection is with different parts of the body. Nor am I an expert on the physiology of the body or on medical issues. But I do notice things about my own body, plus I watch Casualty, House etc!!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »

The tendon over the hip can be affected if one is constipated, I remember having that sensation occasionally  ::) … relaxation can enable a bowel movement as can stress  :sigh:  works both ways for me which can affect my social
Life  :( ……… as can pressure over the belly button area ……….. I can see 'wind' working it's way downwards when I lay in the bath sometimes  :-X

lubylou

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »

Hi
IBS is a good point, I get left hip pain when my IBS is bad, maybe it is connected to your problem?
Lubylou

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »

oh my word, reading this thread has really made me smile, not because any of you are in pain, but because i have been suffering for almost 2 years now with a pain in my hip groin area, which has changed the way i live, i can barely walk some days, it has ruined the last to holidays some days i cant walk around the supermarket.
I have had all sorts of tests the last one being an mri scan, in feb, they said i would get an appointment within a few weeks if they found anything un toward, well i got my appointment today for middle of july, so it seems nothing awful has been found, sorry to be long winded, BUT i have been saying all along that iam sure this has something to do with ibs as when iam constipated its alot worse and my bowel movements are so hard and dry they are painful now at last i read that some of you ladies may feel the same as i do that its connected, so it going to be fybogel twice a day for me for a while and see if it does help  :) oh by the way i also get low back pain and according to x rays etc there is only minor wear and tear and i have always suspected bowel problems
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:00:29 PM by kerrieann »

Rowan

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »

I was a trained Reflexologist, and never asked clients questions except for the form filled in before a session, I nearly always picked up what the problem was.

I would recommend Reflexology, even if you are sceptical I always gave a foot massage before and after treatment with a peppermint essential oil cream I made up, it is very relaxing.

http://www.britreflex.co.uk/content/about-reflexology

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »

Yes, I don't understand how reflexology works, but my reflexologist didn't ask questions. She could tell when I was having IBS challenges. My toes would go into spasm when she worked on the corresponding part of the foot at first. I am sorry she no longer practises. I felt good afterwards.
Pages: [1] 2