Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Suddenly have heavy, achey legs...  (Read 3415 times)

Bo Snow

Suddenly have heavy, achey legs...
« on: March 02, 2014, 05:53:41 AM »

Have only been on HRT (Tibolone) for 8 days but both my lower legs feel odd and achey. Kind of a dull ache in various places and it comes and goes. They feel kind of heavy. Not excersized any differently but i've never suffered from leg problems before although I get aches in my shoulder joints and arms sometimes due to meno.
Ladies do you have any ideas? I'm a bit worried...specially reading the HRT side effects :(

Taz2

Re: Suddenly have heavy, achey legs...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:17:59 AM »

I always get this feeling when on progesterone Bo Snow. Are you worried about blood clots? If so it would be really unusual to get blood clots in both legs at the same time. The symptoms of a clot are pain and tenderness on one part of the leg - often the calf - together with heat and redness. My mum had a couple of these and she also had fever and a general feeling of being quite unwell.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »

Did you not get achy legs during your menstruation years?  I remember it well.  Also the feeling of crushing
fatigue  :(

Bo Snow

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »

Thanks Taz maybe it is the progesterone. My body's just doing so many weird things lately it's hard to know what's normal. Blood clots are a worry but yeah, to get them in both legs would be unusual.

I was so lucky I didn't really suffer with anything except hot flushes during my periods. Now i'm being made to pay big time... :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »

:hug:

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »

Hi Bo Snow

Sorry to hear about the acheyness. It is bound to cause some side effects initially but the main thing is to keep going for a while as your body becomes accustomed to the hormone.

Hopefully it will soon settle down and you will begin to feel much better!

Hurdity x