Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sleep or rather not sleep  (Read 15438 times)

Wombat

Sleep or rather not sleep
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:17:52 AM »

:'(so here I am really wanting to sleep but oh no mrs meno has other ideas

Counted sheep, listened to relaxation but mind a bit like tigger, bouncing along from one thing to the next

......and here comes a flush, followed closely by an anxiety Mexican tingly wave complete with morbid thoughts....

Rant over!!!!!

Thanks xxx

libbyloo

Re: Sleep or rather not sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:56:09 AM »

May I join you Wombat!!!!!!2.55am. What a joke........ :'(

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 04:34:27 AM »

.... and me! Woke up at 4am for no apparent reason. Tried reading, meditation, sheep counting but the mind refuses to switch off! :o

MaggieM

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:52:32 AM »

Room for another one? Been awake with flushes, etc since 4. Don't know how I'm going to be fit for work... What a carry on  :-\
Mags x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »

Did you manage to sleep eventually ladies? I know exactly how you feel & sympathise.

Galadriel

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »

Yes - and what seemed like moments later the alarm clock went off  :cuss:

How did everyone else fair?

Sarah2

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »

Lack of sleep was my primary reason for using HRT. My body clock completely changed and I used to be wide awake when my head hit the pillow and woke several times a night.

Shazzie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

I know exactly how you feel.  I started Magnesium supplements about a month ago and this has really helped my anxiety and hot flushes.  Are you on Magnesium?

Shazzie xx

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »

I know exactly how you feel.  I started Magnesium supplements about a month ago and this has really helped my anxiety and hot flushes.  Are you on Magnesium?

Shazzie xx
Hi Shazzie

I've got magnesium powder.
How much should i use for anxiety.
If you use magnesium tablets how many mgs magnesium do you use.

Thanks

Wombat

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 09:56:47 PM »

Hello ladies,

Yep sleep did come eventually and oh yes the alarm went off......Saturday tomorrow so hopefully a lie in !!!!!!

I too take magnesium a total of 400mg a night, I use magnesium citrate as you need to use one which is absorbable

So good luck tonight, I wish you all a relaxed nights sleep.....

:-*

Galadriel

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »

Likewise ladies. Hope we don't end up posting in the wee small hours ;)

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »

Well last night I took a rescue remedy capsule, clarted my pulse points with calming aromatherapy oils & hoped for the best. Got about 5 hours. TBH rescue remedy doesn't really work for me, but better than nowt. So off to try it again tonight.

Wombat

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

At it again....lying here looking at the walls and ceiling for inspiration !!!!

I think I must go through a cycle of meno symptoms as I seem to have 3 or 4 nights with v little sleep then manage to sleep ok  :-\

Wondering if it is a self fulfilling prophecy now !!!

Ah well.... I will just plan what to do with the millions I am going to win on the lottery tomorrow night  ;D ;D ;D

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »

When sleeping became difficult I worked out that it was better to go to bed later. If I went to bed at around 11 I would sleep till 1 and then lie awake for ages. By going at around 12.30-1 o'clock I then slept for four hours (only waking every forty minutes or so for a few minutes) which took me to 5. I then dozed for the hour before the alarm went off. Four to five hours became enough for me to function ok. I never had lie ins as this totally disrupts your pattern and also never slept in the day because this also upsets everything. I've never liked sleep though - might miss something! I know I am a bit different as I can never understand how anyone just falls asleep watching tv because there is always that moment (for me anyway) when you know you are about to fall asleep and so you can get up and stop it happening. My husband can't understand that and falls asleep even when there's something interesting he wants to watch.

Nowadays, without HRT, none of this is relevant as I wake every forty-five minutes with a hot flush/sweat.  :meltdown:

One day, ladies, we will all sleep properly again but, in the meantime, getting worried, stressed and uptight about it only makes things worse.

Taz x  :hug:

Galadriel

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 08:07:05 AM »

As you can tell by the lack of posts, I slept well. Woke up briefly at 4:00am but went straight back to sleep till 7:45am! :banana:

After some lovely red wine, I slathered an aromatherapy night cream on my face, popped an antihistamine tablet and read my book till my eyes felt heavy. I hope I can break the early waking habit soon. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4