Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is this leading upto the menopause  (Read 3143 times)

chloe

Is this leading upto the menopause
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »

Hi,

I am 48 years old and have been feeling so ill for months now. My periods are regular but not as heavy as they used to be. I am  experiencing awful headaches that last for days and pain relief tablets do not get rid of it.

I suffer from nausea every day and seems worse at night. I have also started to have really bad indigestion 2 weeks ago which will not go away and can taste acid in my mouth. My mouth and lips also have a burning sensation which can last a few days  at a time.

Has anyone else had these prior to periods becoming irregular.

anna123

Re: Is this leading upto the menopause
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:41:47 PM »

Hi Chloe
My periods became irregular about 12 months ago.About 6 months ago I also started to get very bad headaches,daily.I woke with a headache and jiust couldn't shift it.  I also started to sleep badly and feel lousy from that too. My doc thought I was depressed- I insisted I wasn't.Tried ADs for a while anyway but they didn't help. She then ran hormone tests and levels were consistent with menopause. As soon as I started on HRT I felt so much better. My headaches stopped, pains eased and I slept better than I had in months. Maybe see your doc for blood tests

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »

Hi and Welocme chloe
Sounds very familiar. Read up the info under the headings to the left of this screen.
Anna123 is right - have some tests done. Keep us posted about your progress.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »

:welcomemm:  how is your diet?  Nausea can be because the body is hungry.  If blood sugar levels drop this can cause nausea too.  So grazing every 3 hours can be useful as it helps stabilise hunger and anxiety surges.

Read the menus - left of screen, browse round …...

chloe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »

My diet is good I eat well and have a varied diet.  I can feel sick after a meal as well and will wake up during the night feeling sick but not every night.

My hubby wants me to go to the doctors tomorrow.  I wasn't sure what it was as  my periods are still regular but have noticed they are not as heavy and didn't know you could still have these symptoms and still have a period each month.

My mum died when I was young and she was just beginning to go into the menopause so don't really have anyone to compare notes with.

I will let you know how I get on. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »

Take a list of symptoms with you and ask, ask, ask ……… let us know how you get on.

Nausea can be hormonal  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »

You really should see your GP. All too often we blame menopause for all sorts.
Could be suffering from migraines. They can cause nausea.
Have to be honest and say it does not sound like purely peri meno.

Get yourself checked out and listen to your hubby.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
x

chloe

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »

I went to my doctors this morning and he thinks I am just beginning to go through the change . He said there was no need for a blood test as it wouldn't show anything and the signs were there already. He has given me codeine for pain relief and Amitriptyline tablets for the migraines. I have Lansoprazole for the reflux.
I go to see him in a months time to see how I am getting on.

He thought perhaps the ibuprofen tablets that I had been taking for the headaches might have caused the acid reflux but if it doesn't settle down or keeps coming back I will have to have the camera down.

Hopefully I will begin to feel better on these.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »

Chloe - it sounds as though you have a good GP. If you develop more meno symptoms like flushes and night sweats do consider HRT - you headaches could well be related to hormone fluctuation and even if they are migraines trans-dermal HRT(patches or gel) is often tolerated well.
Do be careful with codeine as it is addictive and could actually make the headaches worse when you withdraw using it - hopefully your dr. has given you advice about this.
As for blood tests, it would be worth having your FSH level checked as this can indicate whether you are into peri meno. A high FSH level indicates your body is struggling to produce hormones.
DG x