Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magnesium & sleep  (Read 10191 times)

Wombat

Magnesium & sleep
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:55:23 PM »

Hello ladies,

I have had (still am having) trouble sleeping. I read a report that magnesium citrate -about 400mg can help. I have just started to take this so too soon to tell.

Has anybody else tried this and how did you get on ?

:o

mamakaren

Re: Magnesium & sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

Hi Wombat,

I take magnesium along with calcium and vitamin D. I haven't noticed it improving my sleep. But it is important for maintaining bone health along with many other things. I was suffering from cramps in my legs and that has improved a lot.

Karen

mamakaren

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

It says in this link that magnesium is supposed to help sleep! And lots of other things to.

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/Magnesium-health-benefits-supplements/2011/01/20/id/369647/

Has anyone noticed it improving their sleep?

Karen

Winterose

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:59 PM »

I think it can make you calmer, what i have noticed its good for are any aches and pains,,I had a really bad shoulder and spraying it on before bed made a huge difference to pain,

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »

A huge amount of horses are given magnesium, for spooky ness, anxiety etc. I used to give it to mine and it does make a difference. Not that where horses mind ( although maybe old nags ) ;D

Wombat

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »

I will keep taking it then......thanks.
I feel like an old nag sometimes, certainly not a finely tuned race horse  :)

Thank you x

mamakaren

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »

I think we all feel that way from time to time Wombat!  ;D

Wombat

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »

Thanks for the link mamakaren very interesting  ;D

mamakaren

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »

You are very welcome Wombat! Hope you've been getting some sleep!

Karen

Js

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

Hi I was thinking of giving magnesium a go to help my migraines and headaches but how much should I take I might go to health shop and see but any advice please

Js

mamakaren

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:27 PM »

A woman is supposed to have 320mg of magnesium per day! You get some of that from food but it's benificial to take a supplement as well. Hope it helps your migraines Joy, its certainly worth a try!

Karen
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:44:01 PM by mamakaren »

lubylou

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

I have just started taking magnesium to see if it helps my sleep and general well being it is early days yet but I will post again if I have anything to report back on.
Lubylou

Shazzie

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »

Hi Wombat

I have just bought myself some 300ng Magnesium supplements to help with sleep and anxiety.  I have just started Menopace that have 100mg Magnesium in that so I am unsure whether to cut the Magnesium tabs in half as I don't want to take too much.

Hope you get on well with yours.

Shazzie x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 08:05:35 PM »

Shazzie  I have just bought Magnesium Tablets with full Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C from Healthspan which contents 375 mg,  I was told to take just before you go to bed plus I have just started again Menopace for which I take while eating my breakfast as I have stomach issues as with you not sure if it is too much but I do believe all it will do is make you go to the toilet more and so far touch wood I have been ok but it has only been one day since I have been taken the Mag and Menopace but its been over a week on the Mag, not sure how long before we start seeing any difference, not sure if what I have just told you helped but as I am doing the same as you I thought it might tell you xxx

Shazzie

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 08:17:01 PM »

Thanks Moonbeam.

It's good to chat with someone else using the same.  I was a bit scared to take a full 300mg magnesium as there is 100mg in the Menopace.  I'll give it a go and wait and see.

Keep in touch then we can share stories.

Thanks for replying.  You have made me feel reassured.

Shazzie x
Pages: [1] 2