Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Meno and housework...and olive soap!  (Read 20377 times)

Taz2

Re: Meno and housework
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »

Yep - that's what I say to the rest of my household  ;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »

;D

"Make it so" - Jean Luc Picard ......... sadly, it still don't happen without imput from me  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »

The other thing I do is to leave my specs off - everything looks wonderful!

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »

Leaving specs off / lenses out is definitely good for a sense of well being.
Bright sunlight is disastrous, as it shows dust and grime.

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »

Haha re leaving specs off!

Trouble is before I go off working I put eye-make up with magnifying mirror (obvs no specs!) and the other day I just put them on to see what I looked at and well - there were various black smudges from where I'd missed a bit! It all looked fine with the naked eye but I suddenly saw what others might see as I usually leave in a bit of a hurry...

Now I try to remember to put my specs (used for close work only) on just before going out and when inspecting any part of my body including lip hair!!!!!

As for housework - well the dust arrives the day after it is cleaned so once it's there, no point in doing it too often - life's too short!!! ;D

Yes dulciana - sorting out music better than housework - it's not really that important ( except basic kitchen and bathroom) and yes Stellajane - rather talk about meno & HRT in my limited spare time than housework!!!

We're quite untidy (too busy to be tidy really) but husband is worse than me so he gets quite put out when I start to clear up his stuff!

Hurdity x

dulciana

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »

It makes life interesting!
D.

dulciana

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »

It's on - my drive to get back into doing the housework!  The sun's not yet shining and exposing every little bit of dust etc., and I've still managed to get started with a vengeance.   I'll have beaten the sun to its game when it does decide to come out (if it ever does.....)!   One room a day (when the day allows).  And it's nearly coffee time! 

10 mins later - just washed my hands so that I can have a bit of cake with my coffee - has anyone tried Fairtrade's olive soap?  It's very plain-looking and fudge-coloured, but it's incredibly soothing and gentle to use.  I'd recommend it as a post-housework hand treat (followed by hand cream, of course!).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:54:27 AM by dulciana »

Taz2

Re: Meno and housework...and olive soap!
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »

Well done dulciana.

When I'm at work I sometimes think about getting home and having a right old go at the housework but, then, when I walk in through the front door that feeling suddenly disappears and it still doesn't get done.

Thanks for the soap tip.

Taz x  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »

I've had to do lots of washing this week - I have wiped surfaces to within an inch of their coating - floors are next! We cleared our dining room and found the table  :o so that's been polished today …… time for  :cupcake:

dulciana

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »

I hope you enjoyed your cake, CLKD - you certainly deserved it!

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »

:thankyou:  :bounce:  utility room fall washed, white goods cleaned down with anti-bacterial wipes; tomorrow is bedroom floors so must re-acquaint myself with the hoover-thingy  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »

I would love to use a bar of soap but just the thought makes my knees go funny. I just can't hold a solid bar of soap.
I was so happy when liquid soap came along. It stopped me having to grit my teeth umpteen times a day.

I must be soapaphobic  ;D

Honeyb
x

dulciana

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:26 AM »

That's a new one, Honeybun!   :)

D.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »

Oh errr - soap can have a strange texture as well as odd smell - I'm using the one my sister gave me for my (60th) birthday and don't know yet if I like the perfume in it .........  ::) maybe you had bad experience in the bath when your Mum lost the soap it the water and was scrabbling round for it  ;)

Walked down the village for the papers and medication.  Back now, wondering whether I can be bothered with the Hoover  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »

It's just the feel of it, slimy slippery ooo heck just horrible.

Don't remember being bothered by it when I was a child, it's just sort of grown over the years when now even the thought of it makes me shudder.

I have an antique bar of Chanel soap that hubby bought me years ago. I tried really hard to use it but not even that could make me.

Nowt so odd as folk  ::)

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4