Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feeling as if my head is under pressure and so tense I cantrelax.....anyone else  (Read 3896 times)

Wombat

Hello ladies,

Does anyone else feel really tense and find it difficult to relax ? My head feels as if it wanted to explode...... I can't take HRT, I had a Mirena coil but this was removed a couple of weeks ago and wow the symptoms just arrived with a bang

Is this normal......
Help
Wombat

Mrs January

Hey Wombat

I get worked up like that sometimes. Why did you have Mirena out? any chance you could have another in...just a thought but would help with symptoms of Peri meno xxx

Alyson

Hi Wombat, I am new to the forum, but also have a hard time relaxing and being still.  When I do -  I get anxious thoughts.  I started gentle yoga (yoga with me onyoutube) and that has helped a bit, though I still get worked up during the final resting pose of yoga called savasana - which is a bit ironic, but I am getting better at it.  The first time all I thought about was work.   Anyway, baths, not being online at night, drinking green tea, going for walks and I am now using a website called SuperBetter which I really like.   Sometimes (most times)when I can't relax I do something physical and repetitive like cleaning the bathroom, sweeping, etc. For some reason housework helps better than anything geared towards relaxation (ie. chanting to Enya) Housework being calming is weird I know.  Hope this helps, you'll get there   Alyson

carolinec

Hi - yes I get tension in my head also - Im peri menopausal. This is totally outside the box of thinking, but I got sick of taking migraine tablets etc... and put a Copper Pipe into my garden - appartenly an old cure... I hold it with two hands while standing in bear feet on the grass for ten mins......it definately helps...Being menopausal and also dealing with all the high tech equipment such as WiFI in our work areas and homes, we are not grounded anymore....I Hope this helps...

Chaotic

I wondered of my increase in migraines/headaches was to do with the peri-menopause.That copper pipe sounds interesting,will give that a go and have never tried yoga but would love to be more relaxed.

Wombat

Wow thankyou, will definitely try the copper pipe !  I will feed back.  :)