Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: coming off Evorel Conti  (Read 7118 times)

tansy

coming off Evorel Conti
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »

Have become sensitive to the adhesive on the patches and decided to try cutting down on dosage. Starting in June got down to 1 patch per fortnight by Christmas, but symptoms were returning so have gone back to 1 patch a week. Still get about 5 flushes a day and slight incontinence with mild depression. Where do I go from here?

littleminnie

Re: coming off Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »

I think the patch will have run out after 3/4 days. I use these patches, 50 mcg. When I cut down I am going to alternate between the 50 and the 25. Then move down to the 25 and see how it goes.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

Why don't you ask for a different patch unless you want to come off HRT completely.
Another alternative would be gel and a separate progesterone.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »

Hi Tansy - are you trying to get off HRT completely? If not then you should switch to a different type without bothering with the slow tailing off of Evorel. If you are sensitive to the adhesive advice is to stop using as soon as possible.

You will find lots of advice and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

tansy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

It would have been good to come off HRT, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet. I didn't get on with tablets and had less side effects with Evorel Conti - except for the sensitivity to the adhesive which seems to be getting worse. I expect I'd better talk it over with the Doctor to discuss alternatives. If I used a gel what form would the separate progesterone take?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »

You have a couple of options. Either a mirena coil or utrogestan. The utrogestan can be used vaginally if you have problems with tablets.

Honeyb
x

tansy

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

I've made an appointment at the HRT clinic next week and I'll see what they suggest. Thank you everybody for your help.

ann123

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »

I am trying to cut down/come off after starting to get migraines!!
I cut the patches in half!!!
I haven't had a migraine now for a few weeks.
Not sure if they had anything to do with HRT, as started getting them while I was waiting to go into hospital for surgery, so maybe it was just stress related!!!! Since my surgery I gave not had another migraine!
How does one know what to do for the best!!!!

tansy

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »

Hello again. I've been on Sandrena Gel 1 mg and Provera 2.5mg for 2 weeks now and so far everything is going fine. It was so good to get rid of the flushes again with the awful feeling of doom that precedes them. The gel takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm in a routine now and don't spill it on the floor anymore! The tablets are tiny and very easy to take. 

tansy

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

I feel as though I've been had! I am now paying 6, yes 6 times as much for my HRT as before when I was using patches! This is because my prescription is counted as 2 separate items, although I can't take them separately, and because the items come in monthly, not 3 monthly packs. Not impressed. The doctor did not warn me about this beforehand. It's just as well I'll be 60 in October. Has anyone else been caught out like this?

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »

We don't pay in Scotland at the moment. I have been very glad of this because my hubby has type 1 diabetes. The amount of stuff a diabetic needs is unbelievable. Two different types of insulin, needles, test strips, sharps bins, testing kits. The list goes on. And he has no choice.
Can you not ask for a six month supply when your prescription needs renewed. My GP is quite happy to do this

Honeyb
x