Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg  (Read 9389 times)

margaret

Elleste Duet Conti 2mg
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »

Hello Ladies,

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice.  I have been in the perimenopause for the past two years, I have recently started taking Elleste Duet Conti 2mg, I am having some side effects with these, anxiety and feeling depressed, sleeplessness, night sweats, and palpatations. Do they take a while to work or shall I go back to see the nurse?

lubylou

Re: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »

Hi I have no personal experience of this brand of HRT, but if you are concerned about side effects then it makes sense to speak to the nurse; especially if they are not side effects listed on the patient information leaflet which came with the tablets.

Hurdity

Re: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »

Hi margaret

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

If you are peri-menopausal ie have not gone for 12 months since your last period before starting HRT then you should not normally be on Elleste Duet conti. You should be given a preparation that still gives you a monthly bleed ie Elleste duet 1 mg or 2 mg are the equivalent.

The one you have been given contains a synthetic progestogen - norethisterone and it could be that the side effects are caused by this as it does have negative effects on some women. That is another reason why it is best to start on a cyclical preparation - then you would know whether it is the temporary increase in oestrogen (or the tablet form of this) causing the side effects or the progestogen.

You should see the doctor not the nurse and tell him/her that you think you have been prescribed the wrong type.

While there I would suggest taking Femoston rather than Elleste - it has the same oestrogen type in it but the progestogen is very similar to the one our body makes so I understand less likely to cause side effects.

You haven't said how old you are and what's been happening to your periods, and how your sweats etc were before, but any HRT should begin to work within a few days (ie you should notice some reduction in sweats/flushes) or sometimes a little longer depending on the type and your body.

Hope this helps

Hurdity x