Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Holidays 2014  (Read 116026 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holidays 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »

Canada is lovely! according to the tourist blurb  ;)

ariadne

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »

Speaking of Warners - I made hubby laugh over this. You know the advert for Warners where a couple are gardening at home whilst their neighbours are off enjoying all sorts of activities on their Warner's break? Well I said to hubby that the "garden" woman was like me and the "neighbours" were like our friends who are always off enjoying trips!

It tickled hubby because the garden woman did actually remind him a bit of me with what she said about preferring to have peace and quiet at home and she even looked a bit like me-  especially the grin at the end. ;D

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »

;D - it's the curtain twitching that makes me giggle in that advert, we don't have curtains  ???  ::) .......... I feel sorry for the poor husband though  ;)

We are purchasing of a 'drive-away' awning soon to lop onto the side of the camper ........  :bounce:

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »

Istanbul for a city break in March plus our usual 2 wk stay in Fuerteventura in September.  Not sure about the other week, it will depend on dog kennel availability as much as anything ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:41 PM »

So book the kennel now  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 08:15:07 PM »

Well apparently Canada is now off the cards.  :(  Wants to holiday in UK now, as Canada too expensive apparently. Ah well it was nice to dream.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »

So - DH and I love:

Northumberland
Derbyshire
Brighton/Lewes [from where a train to mainland Europe could be taken  ;) ]

The Italian Lakes
Lake Annecy apparently is lovely

Or you could have long weekends across the UK or into Europe - spread out the celebrations?

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »

Well the Italian lakes would be lovely. We went to Lake Garda in '79. Stunning. Hotel was the pits though, so himself has refused to ever go again! It was our first venture abroad as a couple. Didn't go abroad again until '93. That was Regensburg in Germany.

Goodness knows where we'll end up. He says he'll give it some thought, which will probably involve me giving him a good kick.  ;)

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 10:47:34 PM »

Interesting thread ladies.  I was never good at holidays as for most of my 20s and 30s I had annual surgeries so could never get insurance.  It then got to the point I didn't want to go away.  My husband is ex navy and loves travelling so it caused problems.  Life changed and I realised I MUST go on holiday to get away from 'stuff'.  Last November we went on a cruise,  it was on cunard QM2.  Bit posh to be honest.  You did have to dress up for dinner but as it was only 5 days we coped!  Very expensive for wine.  Apart from that we loved it!  I didn't even feel I was at sea as the ship is so big so no sea sickness or anything.  Would def recommend .  :)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »

I think European travel has improved  ;)  ……. you could hire a motor home and choose your camp sites/aires ?

littleminnie

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »

We went to the Italian Riviera last year. When on a trip to Venice. What a place, absolutely amazing.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

So book the kennel now  :-\

Can't do that until which week we will take off to go somewhere - and there's also the possibility that we'll pick somewhere in the uk and the dogs can come with us :)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »

In the 1940s my Dad went to Chamonix.  He stayed: twice : at a Hotel there meeting the young family whose Grandparents ran the place. Dad talked about the Hotel and area a lot during my childhood but I didn't take much notice.

In the mid 1970s a young ski instructor moved 3 doors down from my parents.  He lived in Chamoinix and stayed: at *that* Hotel  :o ……… so Dad wrote to the family via this instructor and - cut long story short - Mum is still in contact with the grand-daughter.  I have this evening looked up her address and it looks stunning in the snow.  Of course, I want to pack up and go, NOW  ;D before I change my mind.  I don't know how old she is but probably mid-70s. Would love to meet her and complete the circle.  So: having the camper now ………. full Passport …….. (watch this space)

jgr

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »

Just booked a med cruise today for September. Hope meno symptoms stay under control.  :)

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »

Chamonix is beautiful. We went in the summer one year. Took cable car to top of Aguilla Du Midi. Got stunning pictures of glaciers. It was over 10,000 feet up. Some folk were suffering with altitude sickness, so we swapped our tickets with them, so they could get down again asap. Also did a chairlift ride up another mountain & got left dangling for about 30 minutes. Now hubby & I not too good with heights. It didn't feel too bad though as due to angle, we were only about 15 feet off nearest bit of ground, but it was still pretty far up the mountain. Great views though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40