Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Holidays 2014  (Read 114866 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Holidays 2014
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »

Any plans?

Northumberland
Scotland
Kielder Reservoir
Derbyshire
Brighton
Longleat
Chatsworth
Coventry

Joyce

Re: Holidays 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »

Nothing planned yet. Hubby gets to choose this year as he has a big birthday. He's looking at twin centres Canada/USA. Better get over my not wanting to do long flights thing, hadn't I?  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »

:o  ……….. no way would I fly, I would love to go to the Italian Lakes but it's too far: yet.  Will you go?

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »

Let's put it this way CLKD, I'm not letting him go himself.  ;) I would love to see Canada & other parts of US. Been to Florida 3 times, Washington once & Boston once. Seen enough of Caribbean. Europe would be good, but doubt he will want to go in that direction.  Sure I can bite the bullet. Would have to load up on Rescue Remedy though.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »

A cruise?

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:05:19 PM »

Nope that won't work either. The thought of suffering with sea sickness is more terrifying. Plus hubby can't stand having to tart himself up for dinners. I have a friend who has been on many cruises & she's the one who hates dressing up. Says she can't relax, but she goes because her hubby likes them.

I suggested that we go somewhere so all the family can meet up for a celebration instead & could still be a holiday. But he doesn't fancy that & family say he should go somewhere fancy with me.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »

<sigh>

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

Not sure where I fancy going this year. We went to Northern Portugal last week and had a lovely week away.

What I'd love is at least a couple of weeks away but I know it's not going to happen. A week is my hubby's limit. 

I would love a long rail journey but that isn't going to happen either.

Suzyq

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »

Hi cubagirl

I'm in canada and the flight isn't so bad (even for me who hates flying) although admittedly I'm on the east'ish side. Going to Vancouver would be longer ....

I'm going to naples Florida in February for the first time!

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »

No holiday for us this year or last year due to finances. Saves all that worrying though - trying to look on the positive side!  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »

Its ok CLKD, I'll work on him somehow.  ;)

Rosebush

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 12:37:06 AM »

Off for out long stay Spring break in March to S.Spain if I am discharged by my Consultants..will take a break in Cotswolds as well before UK Summer gets to hot  ::) not sure yet about Autumn/Winter break, will see how finances go..Hope you all enjoy your breaks, Taz maybe you could take a few days out somewhere just for a change of scenery.. :-*

Scampi

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »

Our caravan on the East coast!!!

But, much as I love the caravan (good job, with what it costs!), I hanker after just a weekend of someone doing everything for me ... might have to have to drop some heavy hints with hubby a little later in the year!!  I'd love to try Warners (all-inclusive, adults only hotels).

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »

Our caravan on the East coast!!!

But, much as I love the caravan (good job, with what it costs!), I hanker after just a weekend of someone doing everything for me ... might have to have to drop some heavy hints with hubby a little later in the year!!  I'd love to try Warners (all-inclusive, adults only hotels).

I know several people who go to Warner's and they all highly recommend it.  I might take mum there for a few days actually.  They have special events and if there was an Irish weekend I'm sure she'd love that.  Apparently the food is wonderful too and the accommodation is very good.

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »

Well after all my moans about not wanting to go long haul, this year, looks like we are.  I've bitten the bullet & said as it's a big birthday for hubby, I will be brave. ;) So considering Canada, coming back on a daytime flight as opposed to the red eye. I may be able to cope with that better as I will have had a good sleep the night before. No firm plans yet as hubby usually faffs about choosing holidays. Watch this space ladies.  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40