Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: patches or gel  (Read 31281 times)

moonbeam121167

patches or gel
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »

Hi all hope you all had a good Christmas, I finally emailed Dr Currie and she was great, she also thinks a patch or gel would be better so I have printed the email and I am going to make appointment to see my GP but not sure which to ask for Sandara gel or Estradot patch, has any of you ladies got any avice on the matter

thanks xxx

lancashirelass

Re: patches or gel
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

i use sandrena have had no problems plus its really convenient to carry about as it comes in small sachets.  patches always came off on me. 

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »

Can't comment on Sandara gel, I used to use oestrogel. Changed to Estradot, which are pretty good at sticking, so long as you follow the instructions. Would hate to go back to gel.

Doris

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »

I used to use sandrena and liked it, only drawbacks are remembering to use it every day, and waiting for it to dry.
I've tried various patches in the past, most were quite big (about an inch square) and were t brilliant at sticking. Estradot is about 1x1.5 cm and sticks really well, but leaves a sticky line after removal and is irritating me, making me itch like mad!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »

So confused, like the sound of the gel as you can adjust the dose, I tried Estraderm 50mg for 3 weeks they seemed to wear off too soon and I was changing them more often, GP said they dont do a stronger one and advised me to go back on the pills as it has no affect on the stomach but after emailing Dr Currie I now know different but I just dont know what to ask for and I know we are all different and have favorites  :)

ellie66

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »

I am loving Oestrogel its great  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »

Thats what a lot of women have said and thats why I am leaning towards the gel , I have not got very sensitive skin, I can use bleach without using rubber gloves, the only thing I cant use is smelly perfume things on my intimate parts  :)

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

Estradot come in 100, 75, 50, 37.5 & 25 mcg  size reduces with strength too.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »

Hi moonbeam

As I've said before your doctor was wrong about strengths of patches - most of them are the same as Estradot ie come in several doses from 25 mcg up to 100 mcg.

If you got on well with the patches then why not try again.  I am an Estradot fan because they are small. It's not good to change them too often - most are designed to be changed twice weekly. If the dose is not sufficient as you found - then ask for a higher dose, rather than change them more often.

To minimise side effects best to start eg with 50 mcg and build up the dose gradually. I can't remember how old you are but if you are under 50 or around that age I would have thought you could happily have 100 mcg patch, and especially as you don't need progesterone to keep the lining thin.

Good luck

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 09:33:32 PM »

Hi Hurdity 

the patch didnt irritate me but never lasted long, I had to change it more often, I was on 50mg and the GP said they dont do a higher dose and told me the pills dont  affect the stomach so told me to go back on the pills, I know now its not true as I emailed Dr Currie and after reading peoples comments on the gel I am leaning towards it  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »

Hi girls, tried to get a GP appointment but they said I cant have one for over 2 weeks, so I have just changed doctors, I will have to wait till Monday for my records to be sorted and then I can get a appointment but I am still undecided what to try Estradot patch or Gel, looking alot on here and other sites and it seems to be the patches and gel are both liked, I know we are all different and I am leaning towards  the gel, I dont care about seeing the patch all I want is either one to help with A. my stomach issues, B. headaches C. anxiety and D, the rest of the menopause symptons and to feel good again, I know I seem like a broken record but I dont want to keep swapping and changing the HRT, sorry girls again and I hope someone will understand were I am coming from 

thanks x

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »

Have used the gel for many years, would not consider anything else, for me, I love it...:)

ellie66

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »

I love the gel. I had an hilarious discussion last night with make GP friend who thought Oestrogel was vagifem  ;D I him sent a message on Facebook this morning to say I have double checked and my f**** is full working order  ;) Just to warn you so you can clearly explain what Oestrogel or Sandrena Gel is.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

Hi Ellie66 and Cassie   thanks for the help, so do you think I should give the gel a whirl then, as I said before tried Estraderm 50 but felt it wore off to soon and i was changing it every 2 to 3 days and it would curl up, I like the thought of the gel as you can tweak it a bit xx

Cassie

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

If the man does not get that hint Ellie, then I dunno, he must be batting for the other team lol! I would give the gel a try MB, you have nothing to lose and yes, you can adjust the plunges of gel up or down and see how you feel. I ran low on my over Christmas so was using only one pump, sometimes half and I really felt bad for the first time in years and years so have upped it again to just under 2 plunges and feel myself again :) Great stuff!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6