Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 736411 times)

Keli

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2715 on: January 31, 2022, 11:54:12 AM »

Hi,

I’m so sad 😞 I’ve now been on this new combination for 2 months and I seem to be going backwards. My private appointment (due to workload) has increased so won’t get to see anyone anytime soon.

I’ve searched and searched but unsure how I tweak the dosage?

To advise I’m on 4 pumps gel and daily utrogestan (taken vaginally when I can) 

I’m so desperate for help I’m unsure where to turn.  Can anyone offer any guidance if possible please? 

Thank you 😕

Hi Hurdity,

Many thanks for your response.  I’ve kept with same dosage of Utrogestan but have been taking vaginally so I think I’ll have to see how it goes.  I’ve had to stop the vaginal eatrogen obviously but I can deal with that once I have the essential ones correct.

I did think I may still bleed so am prepared for that.

Apologies, didn’t give all the information, I’m 50, been peri menopausal for around 4 1/2 years.  Had numerous health issues (some related the Menopause some not) so took another few years to finally get a diagnosed 🙄  been taking HRT for last 2 years.

Having to fight for particular items and work out your own dosage, when you’re feeling awful, is draining so additional help is needed for me now.

I’ve gone onto a waiting list to go privately so hopefully things resolve and settle soon for me and it’s been horrific.

Also hoping everyone reaching out gets the help/guidance required to feel better.

It’s great to have groups like this to help 😄

Many thanks.

Keli

Hi all. Hope you’re all well and had a good day today.
I’m so pleased I found this thread and have been reading through and would appreciate any thoughts if that’s ok?

I’ve been on 2 different types of HRT, last one being Femeston 2/10 for nearly 2 years and now have both gel and capsules as lots of symptoms were getting worse.

I use 4 pumps in the morning (1 on each limb) and Utrogestan x1 at bed time (everyday) and vaginal estrogen at bedtime too.

I’ve only been on it 15 days and although the utrogestan makes me extremely sleepy very quickly (which is absolutely fabulous being a rubbish sleeper!) and my sleep has deepened, but I do still wake (which I can cope with) but unfortunately I’m very heady when I wake and this last quite a while into the day and makes me feel awful.

As I’m only taking 1 capsule and I already use vaginal cream I’m unsure how/if I need to tweak or hang on in there.

Thank you 😊

Hi Keli

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the utrogestan side effects. Unfortunately these are common side effects with utro  -  but if I were you I would give it a while longer to see if your body acclimatises to daily use and they settle. If you are taking it orally then this can give rise to more side effects that vaginal use as there are more metabolic breakdown products from going through the digestive system and the liver.

You may also find that the dose of utro is not quite enough to protect the endometrium (womb lining) depending on how much for the 4 pumps you absorb. The higher the dose of oestrogen the more progesterone is needed but the Utrogestan dose is licensed to be the same whatever the dose of oestrogen - which is not right really!

Also depending on your age and stage of menopause you were at when you started the Femoston - if you are not yet at menopause then you may get sporadic bleeding if your cycle breaks through. Also in any case there is bleeding to be expected during the first 3-6 months on continuous HRT so do be prepared for that!

Plenty of time for tweaking. How you feel is vital as well as womb protection!

Hope it all works for you and you feel the benefits.

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:30:57 PM by Keli »

Hurdity

« Reply #2716 on: February 01, 2022, 09:33:46 AM »

Hi Keli

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough still. Why don't you start a new thread so that more people can help you?

Are you getting any bleeding? You could try taking the utrogestan cyclically so you would get a bleed each month but you would then not have the side effects of continuous progesterone.

What are the symptoms you are experiencing?

Hurdity x

Keli

• First Flush
« Reply #2717 on: February 01, 2022, 07:42:27 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

I would start a new thread but unsure what I would call it?  I’ll have a think.
And also have a look how I can do that. 

Apologies I didn’t explain very well.
The continual progesterone isn’t causing the headaches anymore. I have only been taken for 2 months and have had 1 bleed as expected and discussed previously.  I currently take 1 capsule per day.   

My issue isn’t the bleeding but that the dosage clearly isn’t right as I’m actually feeling worse than when I started it with my horrendous menopause symptoms. 

I dont feel by reducing the progesterone by half (sequential) that would improve my symptoms.  I don’t think? 

I’m unsure how I tweak the estrogel?  I’m reluctant to increase it as my boobs are a little tender ( which I’ve heard is because of a fluctuation in estrogen)

My private appointment has now been delayed by 2 months and I’m already off work as am finding things difficult 😞

Thanks again for your reply I do appreciate your time. 

Wob61

• First Flush
« Reply #2718 on: February 04, 2022, 11:41:14 AM »

Hi I have been prescribed these HRT drugs via NHS. Are they as safe as they can be? I want something natural and not synthetic to take. Concerned that I might get a bleed which I don't want. Is there a progesterone gel? How do I know if I am on right dosage. No bloods done. I am 61. Was on HRT about 5 years ago but can't manage without something. Any advice welcome.

Cassie

« Reply #2719 on: February 04, 2022, 11:50:15 AM »

What have you been prescribed?

pepperminty

« Reply #2720 on: February 06, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »

Hi Keli,

as Hurdity says , start a new post and call it - Problems with new HRT regime - help please!

Then write down in order what you are taking for how long. Your symptoms before HRT. Your symptoms with the new regime and explain how you feel awful. Is it physically , mentally- anxiety ? Be detailed -  do you feel bad all day - part of day etc. Any good days . Why did you change regimes.
Then hopefully someone can make suggestions to help.

Best wishes PMXX

Hi Hurdity,

The continual progesterone isn’t causing the headaches anymore. I have only been taken for 2 months and have had 1 bleed as expected and discussed previously.  I currently take 1 capsule per day.   

My issue isn’t the bleeding but that the dosage clearly isn’t right as I’m actually feeling worse than when I started it with my horrendous menopause symptoms. 

I dont feel by reducing the progesterone by half (sequential) that would improve my symptoms.  I don’t think? 

I’m unsure how I tweak the estrogel?  I’m reluctant to increase it as my boobs are a little tender ( which I’ve heard is because of a fluctuation in estrogen)

My private appointment has now been delayed by 2 months and I’m already off work as am finding things difficult 😞

Keli

• First Flush
« Reply #2721 on: February 11, 2022, 09:39:18 PM »

Hi Pepperminty, thank you so much for your reply and the great advice.

I have now had my private appointment and they have changed and added some HRT so I gets crossed I fell better soon.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.  :)

Hi Keli,

as Hurdity says , start a new post and call it - Problems with new HRT regime - help please!

Then write down in order what you are taking for how long. Your symptoms before HRT. Your symptoms with the new regime and explain how you feel awful. Is it physically , mentally- anxiety ? Be detailed -  do you feel bad all day - part of day etc. Any good days . Why did you change regimes.
Then hopefully someone can make suggestions to help.

Best wishes PMXX

Hi Hurdity,

Lindsay

• First Flush
« Reply #2722 on: February 14, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »

Hi all!
I’m on this regime and struggling. Was on two pumps and as sensitive to progesterone I take two mini pills that are progesterone only. I didn’t have a major problem with flushes in as much as I wasn’t having lots. My problems were anxiety and sleep problems. The problem is I bleed almost constantly. Not always massive amounts but every day apart from three days for the last three weeks. Also a constant headache, sometimes taking me to my bed. I tried upping to 3 pumps of oestrogel but no difference and bleeding continues. I’ve tried patches, tablets and every kind of regime and seriously thinking of coming off altogether now as I don’t think it suits me. I always struggled with the combined pill and could only ever tolerate the mini pill as a younger woman. I’m nearly 52 now so theoretically should be nearing the end… 🤷‍♀️ Do I go cold Turkey or wean down? Thanks ladies

annabanana70

• First Flush
« Reply #2723 on: February 19, 2022, 08:54:24 PM »

Hi I’m on my first month of taking 2 pumps of Orstrogel  daily continuously and 100mg of Ustrogestan Progrsterone. 1-25days.

Can someone clarify that I stop taking progesterone for 3 days? As it doesn’t actually say on my prescription
Thanks

sheila99

« Reply #2724 on: February 19, 2022, 09:04:06 PM »

The 3 day break is to allow a bleed if there's been a build up. Once you know you won't bleed most people use it continuously. Are you a year without a bleed?

annabanana70

• First Flush
« Reply #2725 on: February 19, 2022, 09:18:48 PM »

Im perimenopausal, my periods are fairly irregular. I had a bleed on day 10 for 4 days

sheila99

« Reply #2726 on: February 19, 2022, 09:21:54 PM »

You should be on a sequi regime as you're not meno yet, 200mg x 12 days (days 15-26 where the first day of your bleed is day 1). If you use a conti regime in peri you'll get breakthrough bleeding.

annabanana70

• First Flush
« Reply #2727 on: February 19, 2022, 09:23:38 PM »

So if I’ve already had a bleed do I keep taking it or have a 3 day break?

annabanana70

• First Flush
« Reply #2728 on: February 19, 2022, 09:38:42 PM »

Thankyou. But oh how annoying that my doctor has given me the wrong prescription. So should I stop the progesterone, for how long, and then take double the amount for 12 days?

Maybe I will call my doctor on Monday

sheila99

« Reply #2729 on: February 19, 2022, 11:57:46 PM »

The prescription will be just about the same. When was the first day of your bleed? If it was recent I would stop the utro now and start again on day 15. If you're past day 15 perhaps continue til day 26. I wouldn't worry too much, as you have a cycle of your own you will bleed at some point and can synchronise with the hrt cycle then.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 187