Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730738 times)

pudnpie

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2700 on: October 27, 2021, 02:47:29 PM »

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2701 on: October 31, 2021, 01:34:22 PM »

Hello,

Hope you are all well.

Has Utrogestan sparked hair loss in anyone?

I've been taking 100mg continously for about 6 weeks and my hair is shedding. Again. It used to do this a fair bit. (It didn't do it when I stopped HRT for 18 months).

Cookie25

« Reply #2702 on: November 01, 2021, 08:52:10 PM »

Hi Ladies

I'm peri so doing 12 days a month on utrogestan along with oestrogen daily.

Today I started a very light bleed whilst still on the utro phase, this has never happened before. Could it be that I have increased my gel too much? I was on three with 4 some days but latterly I've been using 4 daily.

I've now not taken utro tonight and will just count today as day one ( it was day 25).

I've been on utro for about 4months now and never bled in the utro phase before.

Any advice welcome!
Thanks Cookie xxx

pepperminty

« Reply #2703 on: November 02, 2021, 07:36:25 AM »

Hi Cookie,

try a separate post , you may get more answers.

best wishes

PMXX

sheila99

« Reply #2704 on: November 02, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »

If you're still peri it's probably caused by your own hormones. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one.

May

• First Flush
« Reply #2705 on: November 10, 2021, 07:41:59 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find a thread.
I am terribly bloated the last couple of months since upping my Estrogel, should I just hang in there will it go down? Or should I reduce back to 1 pump instead of 2? Or is it Estrogel just does not suit me 🙈🙈🙈
It is definitely not the Utrogestan as i trialled Estrogel alone and still had bloating.
I have tried drinking more water, yoga, limiting certain foods 🙈 nothing seems to help 😞
Also seems to be more like fluid retention as I have no wind or pain however have fluid under chin with the bloating 😞
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 09:02:12 PM by May »

Ellen May

« Reply #2706 on: November 10, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »

Utrogestan and abdominal pain
Hi everyone,

Did any of you suffer from abdominal pain for a few weeks after taking this orally for the first time?

My abdominal pain has been in my back, high up near ribs, central naval pain sharp, one-sided then diffuse. Pain is in the digestive system rather than the womb. After 2 weeks of oral use I switched back to vaginal use 5 days ago (100mg alternate nights) and I have constant discomfort during the day and more pain at night, it wakes me up.

If you can share your experiences/insights into this I would be really grateful.

I suffered terrible stomach pain when I first started and was advised to drop to one tablet instead of two for the first month because of it. It did settle after a few months and now just have a few random days on each cycle where I feel sore but it’s not too bad any more. Hope that helps!

RebJT

« Reply #2707 on: November 11, 2021, 04:04:20 PM »

Hi

Perhaps you ladies can help as answers on my individual post are still confusing me.  With the utrogestan part of cyclical HRT, if you do your days 12 to 26 and your period is then late to start, do you count day 1 to restart utro by the calendar, or by day 1 of the bleed?

ie do you just stick to a 28 day schedule regardless, or do you start counting again from day 1 of bleeding?

Thanks

sheila99

« Reply #2708 on: November 11, 2021, 06:05:18 PM »

Sorry, I won't bother replying again then.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2709 on: November 29, 2021, 08:38:59 PM »

I haven't re-read throughout but do wonder why hormonal upheaval causes an increase in migraines? 

Cas1969

• First Flush
« Reply #2710 on: December 01, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »

Newbie here 😉
I’ve been on 2 pumps of oestrogel for 4 years alongside the Mirena coil. I’ve just had the coil removed (inserted 6 years ago and was told, as I was over 45, it would see me through the menopause. I’ve now found out it’s only good for 10 years as contraception, not HRT.) So I’ve had a year of oestrogen only and now have a pelvic ultrasound booked next week 🙄

I thought I’d try going cold turkey but after 10 days of bad nights I’m surrendering! I’ve been given oral utrogestan to take alongside the oestrogel but haven’t been told to have a break for a withdrawal bleed (there are 30 per pack and the label says take 1 daily.)

I’m hoping this is the case as I haven’t had a bleed for 6 years since having the coil and don’t want one now!

I also feel frustrated not really knowing how far along I am in the menopause journey as they don’t test blood for oestrogen levels. I started having flushes and broken sleep which is why I began HRT 4 years ago (but I had no periods because of the coil). I must admit I had high hopes that HRT would give me my va va voom back  :-\ I’m fit and healthy but still lack energy. I’m having my thyroid levels checked tomorrow.

Keli

• First Flush
« Reply #2711 on: December 25, 2021, 11:02:35 PM »

Hi all. Hope you’re all well and had a good day today.
I’m so pleased I found this thread and have been reading through and would appreciate any thoughts if that’s ok?

I’ve been on 2 different types of HRT, last one being Femeston 2/10 for nearly 2 years and now have both gel and capsules as lots of symptoms were getting worse.

I use 4 pumps in the morning (1 on each limb) and Utrogestan x1 at bed time (everyday) and vaginal estrogen at bedtime too.

I’ve only been on it 15 days and although the utrogestan makes me extremely sleepy very quickly (which is absolutely fabulous being a rubbish sleeper!) and my sleep has deepened, but I do still wake (which I can cope with) but unfortunately I’m very heady when I wake and this last quite a while into the day and makes me feel awful.

As I’m only taking 1 capsule and I already use vaginal cream I’m unsure how/if I need to tweak or hang on in there.

Thank you 😊

alibeau

« Reply #2712 on: January 06, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »

Well I'm feeling a bit like I am back at square one again....

I'm 49, Peri, been on 3 pumps of Oestrogel daily with 14 nights of 200mg oral Utrogestan.

Started this regime at the start of 2021 to replace Femoston 2/10.  Took a while to settle on it but definitely had a good run of months where I felt it was working well.

However over the Xmas period symptoms have started to creep back in...

Fatigue, headaches, migraines, hot (but not necessarily hot flushes), sleeping well but feeling just as exhausted on waking, fizzy anxious chest on waking and periodically throughout the day, aches and pains mainly in hips, left ribs and hands, palpitations...

I am under quite a bit of stress at the moment, well its been a couple of months really and wonder if this has brought things on or whether I need to reassess my dosage etc?

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you.

Ali x

Hurdity

« Reply #2713 on: January 06, 2022, 08:38:47 PM »

I’m so pleased I found this thread and have been reading through and would appreciate any thoughts if that’s ok?

I’ve been on 2 different types of HRT, last one being Femeston 2/10 for nearly 2 years and now have both gel and capsules as lots of symptoms were getting worse.

I use 4 pumps in the morning (1 on each limb) and Utrogestan x1 at bed time (everyday) and vaginal estrogen at bedtime too.

I’ve only been on it 15 days and although the utrogestan makes me extremely sleepy very quickly (which is absolutely fabulous being a rubbish sleeper!) and my sleep has deepened, but I do still wake (which I can cope with) but unfortunately I’m very heady when I wake and this last quite a while into the day and makes me feel awful.

As I’m only taking 1 capsule and I already use vaginal cream I’m unsure how/if I need to tweak or hang on in there.

Thank you 😊

Hi Keli

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the utrogestan side effects. Unfortunately these are common side effects with utro  -  but if I were you I would give it a while longer to see if your body acclimatises to daily use and they settle. If you are taking it orally then this can give rise to more side effects that vaginal use as there are more metabolic breakdown products from going through the digestive system and the liver.

You may also find that the dose of utro is not quite enough to protect the endometrium (womb lining) depending on how much for the 4 pumps you absorb. The higher the dose of oestrogen the more progesterone is needed but the Utrogestan dose is licensed to be the same whatever the dose of oestrogen - which is not right really!

Also depending on your age and stage of menopause you were at when you started the Femoston - if you are not yet at menopause then you may get sporadic bleeding if your cycle breaks through. Also in any case there is bleeding to be expected during the first 3-6 months on continuous HRT so do be prepared for that!

Plenty of time for tweaking. How you feel is vital as well as womb protection!

Hope it all works for you and you feel the benefits.

Hurdity x

Keli

• First Flush
« Reply #2714 on: January 08, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »

Hi Hurdity,

Many thanks for your response.  I’ve kept with same dosage of Utrogestan but have been taking vaginally so I think I’ll have to see how it goes.  I’ve had to stop the vaginal eatrogen obviously but I can deal with that once I have the essential ones correct.

I did think I may still bleed so am prepared for that.

Apologies, didn’t give all the information, I’m 50, been peri menopausal for around 4 1/2 years.  Had numerous health issues (some related the Menopause some not) so took another few years to finally get a diagnosed 🙄  been taking HRT for last 2 years.

Having to fight for particular items and work out your own dosage, when you’re feeling awful, is draining so additional help is needed for me now.

I’ve gone onto a waiting list to go privately so hopefully things resolve and settle soon for me and it’s been horrific.

Also hoping everyone reaching out gets the help/guidance required to feel better.

It’s great to have groups like this to help 😄

Many thanks.

Keli

Thank you 😊

Hi Keli

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the utrogestan side effects. Unfortunately these are common side effects with utro  -  but if I were you I would give it a while longer to see if your body acclimatises to daily use and they settle. If you are taking it orally then this can give rise to more side effects that vaginal use as there are more metabolic breakdown products from going through the digestive system and the liver.

You may also find that the dose of utro is not quite enough to protect the endometrium (womb lining) depending on how much for the 4 pumps you absorb. The higher the dose of oestrogen the more progesterone is needed but the Utrogestan dose is licensed to be the same whatever the dose of oestrogen - which is not right really!

Also depending on your age and stage of menopause you were at when you started the Femoston - if you are not yet at menopause then you may get sporadic bleeding if your cycle breaks through. Also in any case there is bleeding to be expected during the first 3-6 months on continuous HRT so do be prepared for that!

Plenty of time for tweaking. How you feel is vital as well as womb protection!

Hope it all works for you and you feel the benefits.

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:31:19 AM by Keli »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 187