Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 736141 times)

patti

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2670 on: August 31, 2021, 09:42:14 PM »

Hi wannabewell,
I have been on 2x pumps Estrogel, plus 1x 100 Utrogestan taken vaginally for 3 years now  ( I am coeliac - so the less that goes through my stomach , the better) I only take the utro on days 14-25 ….12 days in total. I have a bleed around days 22/23 for about 5 days - It took 12 months to get back to ‘normal’ me , so stick with it , it does get better  :)

Wannabewell

« Reply #2671 on: September 02, 2021, 11:48:14 AM »

Hi @Patti,

Thanks very much for your message, that’s reassuring.

I had my 3 month review yesterday and we agreed that I’ll try working up to three pumps of Oestrogel as my (very low) cyclical depression has not resolved.

Fingers crossed  :)

marvelousways

• First Flush
« Reply #2672 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »

Hi All, I am new, and have also put a post on new members, but thought I would also ask on this thread.
I am 48, perimenopausal had still been having periods bust some changes in regularity and amount of bleeding over last 2 years. Lots of symptoms for 2 years ish including flushes, massive sweats, anxiety/irritability, palpitations, insomnia and fatigue. Just recently I had got the the point of feeling so unwell I could hardly function. :'(

I have just started on Sandrena gel 1mg and utrogestan 200mg days 15-26. I am one week in, on the gel part only.
But for the last 2-3 days I have felt just totally wiped out. I wake up feeling like I can hardly drag myself out of bed and feel totally exhausted and spaced out most of the day. I was not expecting this on the oestrogen part of the cycle and wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar initially? Everything I read suggests this sort of effect is more common with utrgoestan part and the oestroegn part has the opposite effect!
Anyway, I will stick with it for no, although a bit worried how I will function when Im back at work tomorrow.....

Would love to hear from anyone who may have expxerienced this or similar seemingly unusual side effects from the oestrogen gel part. Thanks

Wannabewell

« Reply #2673 on: September 11, 2021, 08:47:29 AM »

Hi marvelousways,

I’m pretty new to HRT (Oestrogel and Utrogestan) too. On my forth cycle.

Just bumping this thread in the hope that one of the experienced members will see it.

Hope you’re okay x

sheila99

« Reply #2674 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:36 PM »

Your reaction is unusual. It's a bit soon to see much benefit but you shouldn't be worse. It's possible there's something it that doesn't agree with you but maybe a bit soon for that conclusion too. Have you had a covid jab or been exposed to a bug? I would give a bit longer and if it doesn't improve ask for something different.

marvelousways

• First Flush
« Reply #2675 on: September 13, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »

thanks both. I am now on day 13 and the odd feelings has gone! Not sure if I am seeing much beneift yet, but side effects have deifntiely worn off, if thats what they were - who knows! WIll stick at this dose for at least a couple of cycles and then review.

Wannabewell

« Reply #2676 on: September 13, 2021, 12:29:00 PM »

Hi marvelousways,

Glad the symptoms settled. I had some ups and downs in the first three cycles and when I increased (following review) Oestrogel to half pump extra I was spaced out, so reduced it to 1/4 pump and things have settled. I’ll increase up to full extra pump slowly - I am sensitive to medication.

Also, I think my own hormones are fluctuating in the background so that can confuse me at times too.

Good luck x

Flan747

« Reply #2677 on: September 17, 2021, 12:51:07 PM »

Hi ladies! I am in 6 pumps Oestrogel  and 100mg Utrogestron nightly! I have recently had an appt with Newson clinic and was convinced my HRT would be changed or at least my dose as I’m still getting symptoms! I have a real heavy feeling in my chest like an anxious feeling but I think because I mentioned fatigue and achy joints she has started me on Androfeme! My question is to you all do you think I would benefit from decreasing the Oestrogel as a trial? My concern is my next appt is in another 10 weeks and I think it will all need to be changed again?

jag2107

« Reply #2678 on: September 19, 2021, 04:02:26 PM »

I thought I’d cracked it after 6 months of being on 2 pumps of gel and 100mg utro , but this last week after doing my two pumps of gel at night within a couple of hours I feel like my blood is boiling 🤷🏻‍♀️🙈 any ideas ??

sheila99

« Reply #2679 on: September 19, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »

Hi ladies! I am in 6 pumps Oestrogel  and 100mg Utrogestron nightly! I have recently had an appt with Newson clinic and was convinced my HRT would be changed or at least my dose as I’m still getting symptoms! I have a real heavy feeling in my chest like an anxious feeling but I think because I mentioned fatigue and achy joints she has started me on Androfeme! My question is to you all do you think I would benefit from decreasing the Oestrogel as a trial? My concern is my next appt is in another 10 weeks and I think it will all need to be changed again?
I wouldn't change 2 things at the same time. Maybe give the Adrofeme a chance to work before changing oestrogen.

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!
« Reply #2680 on: September 22, 2021, 05:40:36 PM »

Hi, just looking for some opinion/advice on what to do.
I was originally started on 2 pumps of gel and 12 days Utro but my period pain was through the roof with it having been diagnosed with endo a few years ago. I was advised that as Im 51 I should try the Utro continuously which Ive been doing for a few months now. My periods have stopped in doing this but I feel so terribly flat. No excitement, libido now TOTALLY gone ( I already use Tostran ) and Im tired most of the day. But its really this feeling of nothingness thats really getting to me. Can anyone suggest alternative options? I cannot tolerate the Utrogestan vaginally.

Much appreciated.

Flan747

« Reply #2681 on: September 22, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »

Hi Sprocket! I know a few ladies do a very short cycle of Utrogestron! I believe some do it for 7 days a month but obviously have to have regular scans! Have you thought about the Mirena coil?

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!
« Reply #2682 on: September 22, 2021, 05:58:12 PM »

Hiya. Unfortunately I cant have synthetic progesterones so Mirena’s not possible. Do you know if the ladies who do short cycles with the Utro still have a bleed??

Cassie

« Reply #2683 on: September 22, 2021, 07:08:25 PM »

I do 12 days of the 100mg Utrogestan every other month and always have a good bleed for at least 5 days.

s.hunter

• First Flush
« Reply #2684 on: September 22, 2021, 07:20:43 PM »

Re: utrogestan 100 daily & Estraderm 75 ( 2 patches a week )

Hi all,
My first time on here so please forgive if I’ve posted wrongly.
I’m on the above medication and have been for 8 months, my issue is horrendous low mood/anxiety, has anyone else any experience of the same medication dose with similar issues. Am ready to give up on HRT altogether as I really can’t find anything that suits me.
Thanks everyone x
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 187