Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 740700 times)

sheila99

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2565 on: March 08, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »

Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks so I'd say you should increase the dose. I split my dose (4 pumps) but it's more for convenience, I don't think there's any official guidance. In theory you should flatten the spikes this way but I don't notice a difference.

alibeau

« Reply #2566 on: March 08, 2021, 04:55:13 PM »

Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks so I'd say you should increase the dose. I split my dose (4 pumps) but it's more for convenience, I don't think there's any official guidance. In theory you should flatten the spikes this way but I don't notice a difference.

Thanks so much.

Yes it would be more convenient for me to split the dose as at the moment I have to stand around undresssed whilst I wait for the gel to dry, at least if I split the dose I can get half dressed  ;)

Anyway, I appreciate your reply and do feel the right thing is to try the 3 pumps so I am glad you agree!!!!  ;)

Ali x

Wodz63

• First Flush
« Reply #2567 on: March 15, 2021, 01:47:39 PM »

I started using Oestrogel 6 weeks ago. For 4 of those weeks I've had flu-like symptoms (negative covid)  Could it be a side effect of the HRT?  Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2568 on: March 25, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »

Bumped !

JuelieB

• First Flush
« Reply #2569 on: March 31, 2021, 03:49:07 PM »

Hi everyone....I am new to this forum and just after some advice/comments/feedback please....
I am 54...been period free for over a year & have recently started HRT. I started on estrogel (2 pumps a day) & utrogestan. My first prescription was to take the utrogestan for 12 days out of 28 but that caused a bleed which I don't want/need so I had my dosage changed to every day for a period free regime. The hot flushes & anxiety I was experiencing have really improved...but I seem to have developed some fluid retention around my ankles...& the fingers especially on my right hand are quite red/puffy but not sore...and when I exercise they look quite angry as if the circulation has gone into overdrive! I presume these are side effects...but of which hormone?...and can I expect them to settle down or is it something I just have to put up with? I am into my fourth month of treatment.
I sometimes feel I have swapped one set of issues for another...only now I'm paying for the privilege! Thank you x

sheila99

« Reply #2570 on: March 31, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »

It's usually progesterone that causes the problems. You could try taking utrogeston vaginally as there are fewer side effects this way. Alternatively go back to a sequi regime for a couple of months and see if you're different when only use gel. If it's the utrogeston I would try something different. There's also the possibility it's caused by some other problem.

sheila99

« Reply #2571 on: April 01, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »

Are you using utrogeston continuously or on a cycle? If not on a cycle I would do so (200mg x 12 days). My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, it took about a month before I saw any improvement but  it didn't get worse (3 months before it went). It may be utro doesn't agree with you.

alibeau

« Reply #2572 on: April 01, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if anxiety and depression got worse once starting estrogel and utrogestan. Early days 11 days in but it's feeling like some has put fuel on fire with mental symptoms. Wondering whether to persevere. How long before it kicks in from your own experiences?

Hi Kelly,

I am new to this regime (estrogel and 200mg utrogestan 12 days out of 28), just coming to the end of month 2.  I have to say that month one was a bit rough with hot flushes creeping back in and my anxiety also worsened.  I increased to 3 pumps of gel for month 2 and touch wood, feel much better generally and my anxiety is pretty much back down to a very low level.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #2573 on: April 01, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

No problem!

Just to add that for the first month I was only using 2 pumps of gel, its the third pump plus the passage of time I guess and I do really feel much brighter this month...

(I was on Femoston 2/10 previously).

Take care,

Ali x

Lizp

• First Flush
« Reply #2574 on: April 01, 2021, 10:10:56 PM »

Hi, I have seen a few comments on here about taking Utrogestan vaginally. Is this with the capsules or is it a different prescription?

Lizp

• First Flush
« Reply #2575 on: April 03, 2021, 10:11:34 PM »

Thank you. Will speak with my GP.

Another question, is it better to have continuous HRT or to have a bleed?

NewtoHRT

• First Flush
« Reply #2576 on: April 07, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »

Hello all, I'm new to HRT and to this forum. Would be great to hear about others' experiences of Utrogestan. I'm 55 and am on continuous HRT (started 6/7 weeks ago, so not long) by a private doctor after several years of very low mood and terrible (just awful) sleep. I'm on 2/3 doses of Oestrogel and 100 mg of Utrogestan daily (I take the latter at night). Within a few days of taking the Oestrogel, I noticed an uplift in my mood, felt much happier than I had been in ages. That was on one dose. But within a week or so, this plateaued so I upped it to 2 (the past few days, I went up to 3). However, I think that the Utrogestan is making me bloated and contributing to the return of low mood (hence upping the Oestrogel to 3). I need the Utrogestan to help with sleep and to protect my uterus but, last night, decided not to take it. I slept badly (which may mean that oestrogen levels are still lowish in my system (?)) but feel lighter/happier today. I'm not seeing my doc till late May and wondered if I could take Utrogestan vaginally until I see her. Is it safe to take Utrogestan like this? Do I just insert the tab into my vagina? Would really appreciate hearing from others experiencing the same. I feel like I'm floundering at the moment and feel upset that the initial uplift in mood only lasted a short time. My sleep is still poor and I feel bloated and miserable!

sheila99

« Reply #2577 on: April 07, 2021, 02:21:38 PM »

There are fewer side effects if you use it vaginally. It's the same capsule, just push it up as far as you can immediately before you go to bed. The other option would be to it cyclically on a long cycle (200mg x 12 days), you'll have a bleed but you may get more 'good' time this way. It was oestrogen that cured my insomnia and anxiety but it did take 3 months.

NewtoHRT

• First Flush
« Reply #2578 on: April 07, 2021, 06:29:53 PM »

Thanks, Sheila. I appreciate your advice. I might try this.

loonarider

« Reply #2579 on: April 07, 2021, 06:57:35 PM »

Hi all,

It's my first time using Ultrogestan, but there is a history of clots DVT, etc) in my family. I did tell the GP, but they still prescribed me this medication. Wondering whether before taking it might be a good idea to find out my risk of clots first? Or are there safer alternatives? Mirena IUS?

Hoping someone can alleviate my confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 187