Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730585 times)

Opal

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2355 on: June 01, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »

just wondering what shower gel ect people use when on estrogel, I know we are not suppose to moisturise the area before using the gel the ones i have been looking at all seem to be moisturising

Arty22

• First Flush
« Reply #2356 on: June 01, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm new to HRT and I'm on one pump of Estrogel and one Utrogestan tablet from day 15 to 26 of my period. I was a little concerned with the dosage and the days that I was meant to be taking the Utrogestan as I found I was still on the tablet when my period would start, so I called my GP. She said that day one was the first day of my period and the first time I started HRT and it was a 28 day cycle from there and I should continue with these days regardless when my period starts? This is a bugger to keep track of and doesn't seem to tie in with what everyone is doing. She also insists I stay on one tablet not two. I'm not convinced, can anybody help this confused peri-menopausal woman? Thanks x

Cassie

« Reply #2357 on: June 01, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »

Opal I have never known that and have used the gel for many years, I use normal soap or shower gel and use the gel at night when I get into bed, it works really well.

sheila99

« Reply #2358 on: June 01, 2020, 09:17:54 PM »

Arty, I assume you're peri? I've found the best way is to keep the hrt cycle in step with my own. I find my own cycle is stronger than the hrt one so getting out of step results in bleeding at odd times.
  The standard dose is 200mg for 12 days. It's 100mg if you use it every day in meno then you don't have a bleed. Perhaps she thinks 100mg is adequate as you're on a low dose of oestrogen. Personally I wouldn't use so little unless I had scans to check the lining wasn't building up. Maybe take the patient information leaflet and ask her why you're taking less than it says.

Arty22

• First Flush
« Reply #2359 on: June 02, 2020, 08:46:56 AM »

Hi Sheila, yes I'm peri-menopausal with a much shorter cycle than the HRT one, usually 25 days. If I alter my tablets to my cycle, would that mean that I wouldn't be taking the Utrogestan tablet for as long as I should be? I'm only on one pump of oestrogen and have only been on HRT for 3 months now and they wanted to start me on a low dose to see how I got on. I didn't have severe symptoms, mainly night sweats and brain fog, both of which have improved with HRT, it's just the dosage and when to take these tablets that's confusing me. I appreciate your help.

sheila99

« Reply #2360 on: June 02, 2020, 01:21:02 PM »

I would start utro 3 days early. You're on less than the recommended dose to start with so I really wouldn't cut it short. I have the opposite problem, my cycle is 6 weeks. If you can tell when you ovulate you can start after that, that's what I do.

Arty22

• First Flush
« Reply #2361 on: June 02, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »

Thanks Sheila, that makes sense, I?ll try that.

Perri

• First Flush
« Reply #2362 on: June 03, 2020, 07:57:18 AM »

Hi ladies, thank you so much for all this information on the form. I have learnt so much over the last 24 hours of near continuous reading ;D

Today I've got my hands on utrogestan 100mg. Which I plan to take with the oestrogel.

The question I have is do I take both of these products every single day? I have not had a period for over 2 years, so I'm post menopause.

Any info would be very much appreciated.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #2363 on: June 03, 2020, 08:53:18 AM »

Hi! I have been on 3 different types of HRT in the past 12 months. I am currently on Oestradiol gel and Utrogestron. I have ok days but mostly bad with anxiety and I can only describe as a tight ache in my stomach which doesn't sound a lot but appears to lower my mood! I have recently increased to 4 pumps of gel just before my period and I had a very good 4-5 days. My sleep is not great but I'm managing ok. Now my period has stopped all symptoms have returned. My question is should I reduce my gel even though I didn't feel good on 3 pumps or should I increase? Cannot get the balance right and some days. I had a blood test on 3 pumps and it was 140(sorry not sure how it's measured) this was in day 8 of cycle

Hi Flan747

YOur post got missed. How you feel depends partly where you are in menopause. if your own cycle is still strong maybe you are feeling the effects of that? I'm not an expert in tweaking gel but maybe start a new thread so it will be seen by more people if you don't get any more responses?  If the blood test result was 140 p mol/l (UK) that is very low if you are taking 3 pumps, even given that blood tests are unreliable. Maybe you are not abosrbing it well and patches might suit you better?

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #2364 on: June 03, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »

just wondering what shower gel ect people use when on estrogel, I know we are not suppose to moisturise the area before using the gel the ones i have been looking at all seem to be moisturising

I would use an ordinary clear shower gel rather than a cream.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #2365 on: June 03, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »

Hi ladies, thank you so much for all this information on the form. I have learnt so much over the last 24 hours of near continuous reading ;D

Today I've got my hands on utrogestan 100mg. Which I plan to take with the oestrogel.

The question I have is do I take both of these products every single day? I have not had a period for over 2 years, so I'm post menopause.

Any info would be very much appreciated.  :)

Yes take both every day. How has your doc prescribed it? How much oestrogel?

Hurdity x

Perri

• First Flush
« Reply #2366 on: June 03, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
I'm living in Asia and don't have access to a doctor unfortunately. I have pretty much self diagnosed and self medicated up to this point...... Most of what I've used previously has come from iherb and been delivered from the US.
I've started taking oestrogel, 1.5mg each morning now.

Is there no break at all? I read some ladies do take a break... Is that because they haven't gone through menopause yet?

Sorry to be so clueless and and ask stupid questions but I don't want to do more harm than good, if you see what I mean.

Nobody I know is going through the menopause so i can't even phone a friend lol!!

Cassie

« Reply #2367 on: June 03, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »

Hi Perri I used 1 pump of the oestrogel daily and 100mg of the  UTrogestan for 12 days a month. You will then get a bleed every month, it is important if you dont use 100mg daily that you try to get a scan of your uterus once a year to see that the lining is staying thin enough. If you are post menopausal, then  you never take a break from the oestrogel, its used daily, I alternate legs and use it at night when I get into bed.
If you find that 1 pump is not working you can up it to 2 I dont have any symptoms on 1 pump, have never had a hot flush nor many of the nasty symptoms one gets, it works really well its a good combo to have.
Good luck
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:37:32 AM by Cassie »

Perri

• First Flush
« Reply #2368 on: June 03, 2020, 11:06:36 AM »

Hi Cassie, Thanks for getting back to me.  :)

I'm a bit confused now..... .which is quite common these days  ;D. Why do some people take utrogestan for 12 days only and others take it every day? Which is the best to do if you're post menopause? Not sure I fancy going down the period route again lol

I will definitely try and get a scan sorted in the not too distant future too.

Flan747

« Reply #2369 on: June 03, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
I am having regular periods although slightly different cycle since starting HRT. I did think about trying patches but like most people on here I worry about changing again even though things are not great. I Definately absorb tablets better but they give me terrible stomach problems! I am going to try for another 4 weeks on 3 pumps and see how I feel
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 187