Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730587 times)

Sammiejane

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1830 on: August 23, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »

Hi Tracey e

What do you take now instead of the estrogel ?

What progesterone do you take ? Would you say your hairloss is better now you stopped the estrogel ?

I did swap to estradot 50 patch for 5 weeks but found hairloss no different it was still coming out

I don't know what to do stick with the gel and add progesterone , I e had hysterectomy so not needed but wonder if the imbalance between the hormones is causing hairloss and I can't have testosterone intill estrogen is higher

Blood work all fine thyroid iron etc all good

It is definitely hormonal , however after my hysterectomy and ovaries removed I didn't have hair loss it was the opposite I had hair growth really thick and long and my levels were all low for all 3 hormones now I've added estrogen it's thinned or maybe my estrogen has got that low now that it would of thinned anyway

I'm so confused and have given up work threw all this as am all over the place

Tracey E

« Reply #1831 on: August 23, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »

Hi Tracey e

What do you take now instead of the estrogel ?

What progesterone do you take ? Would you say your hairloss is better now you stopped the estrogel ?

I did swap to estradot 50 patch for 5 weeks but found hairloss no different it was still coming out

I don't know what to do stick with the gel and add progesterone , I e had hysterectomy so not needed but wonder if the imbalance between the hormones is causing hairloss and I can't have testosterone intill estrogen is higher

Blood work all fine thyroid iron etc all good

It is definitely hormonal , however after my hysterectomy and ovaries removed I didn't have hair loss it was the opposite I had hair growth really thick and long and my levels were all low for all 3 hormones now I've added estrogen it's thinned or maybe my estrogen has got that low now that it would of thinned anyway

I'm so confused and have given up work threw all this as am all over the place

Still on the same regime Sammie, tbh I think it's the imbalance of Estrogen to progesterone that's causing my problems. Waiting on a Mirena coil to be fitted in September, maybe it will improve then due to the steady flow of progesterone. :)

Callisto

« Reply #1832 on: August 23, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Thank you Hurdity,

I don't understand, am I one of the only people having to go private as I want particular HRT (Oestrogel and Utrogestan)?   Thought from this forum that most people were getting these privately and I've heard of no person from Scotland that has managed to get gel and utro on NHS.
 I can little afford it plus it involves going through an extra tier of doctor,  hence an extra layer of unpredictability and stress which I do not need when I am increasingly prone to anxiety and insomnia and exhausted .

I will try again with my doctor but as previously said even my private consultant has stated they're not available on NHS in Scotland.

Hurdity

« Reply #1833 on: August 24, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »

Callisto most women in UK will be getting these hormones ( gel and utrogestan) on NHS as they are licensed medication. I have written to Dr C via Emma to see if she can clarify re Scotland but Dr C is very busy at the moment so may not have time. If you need further clarification re Scotland then I do suggest you write to her yourself (Dr C) at the cost of £30 then she will answer in due course, if not on holiday.

You really should not have to pay.

I find it very hard to believe that Utrogestan especially cannot be obtained from the NHS docs in Scotland (ie that the doc cannot override the system) because it is the only progesterone licensed for HRT in UK, and there is no alternative if you wish to use bio-(=body-)identical hormones, which is your right!

Of course you don't want to have the extra stress - menopause is bad enough without having to fight for hormones which have been developed and licensed to make you feel better.

Maybe the system is very different in Scotland but we do need clarification!

Hurdity x

Callisto

« Reply #1834 on: August 25, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »

Thank you very much Hurdity,

For your sound advice and kindness in contacting Dr Currie through Emma. You make me a wee bit hopeful in the face of meds costing around £30 not including consultancy fees for gel, utro, testosterone  (which I understand is unlicensed for women) once my gel dose is increased to counter the reappearance meno symptoms. This is not  considering the Brexit effect. I know I could swop to the HRT that is licenced in my area but I want to stay on the bio-identicals that my body is already used to. And I am allergic to plasters.
Wishing all well on this sunny Sunday.

🐾C

Sammiejane

« Reply #1835 on: August 25, 2019, 08:22:16 PM »

Hi Tracey e

So you take 2 pumps and Utrogestan for 7 days

The Mirena I believe has a progesterone that's testosterone derived so may make your hair loss worse x

If you are post menopause u can take Utrogestan 100mg everyday.

Have you had side effects from Utrogestan as you only take it for 7 days.

The other problem I've been having is excessive sweating in groin area I thought it was urine but have had my bladder tested and all is fine but my knickers get soaked and then get irritation to together with discharge have u tried femfresh or something do u suffer with this ?

Tracey E

« Reply #1836 on: August 25, 2019, 08:45:54 PM »

I was on the pill which contained levonorgestrel and I was fine on it, so I'm hoping it will be ok. I never had a problem with hair loss on the pill either. :)

Yes I've had issues with Utrogestan hence the change. I can't take it orally as it upsets my tummy and if I take it via the vaginal route it's too strong for me to take every day. It knocks me out.  :( I don't really suffer from groin sweating Sammie so no I haven't tried Femfresh. I know you can get a watery discharge at the menpause progresses so maybe it's that.

Sammiejane

« Reply #1837 on: August 25, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »

Hi birdy

Yes I do , or did I've been using Ovestin cream twice weekly since December last year , I started with Vagifem however 5 weeks into taking it that's when my hair loss started but today with warm weather my knickers I've changed 3 times they have been so damp I've got no prolapse had this checked not sure if I'm incontinent I don't feel wee coming out and no odour but just wet and if I'm constipated it's worse but again not sure if sweat any thoughts ?
I'm seeing gynocology on 11th so will say to them

Tracey E

« Reply #1838 on: August 26, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »

Hi birdy

Yes I do , or did I've been using Ovestin cream twice weekly since December last year , I started with Vagifem however 5 weeks into taking it that's when my hair loss started but today with warm weather my knickers I've changed 3 times they have been so damp I've got no prolapse had this checked not sure if I'm incontinent I don't feel wee coming out and no odour but just wet and if I'm constipated it's worse but again not sure if sweat any thoughts ?
I'm seeing gynocology on 11th so will say to them

I doubt the Vagifem would cause your hair loss. Probably more due to  the lowering of your hormones as you're going through the menopause.

Sammiejane

« Reply #1839 on: August 28, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »

Hi Tracey e

Are you still on the Estrogel or have you changed this now ?

The progesterone I have been prescribed is Utrogestan 100mg every night if I choose to take it as not necessary for me having hysterectomy but trying to stop hair shedding although it does seem to of slowed down and have gone back on Estrogel from the patch as I found the patch not cutting it with sleep flushes and VA the gel have been better but have swelling in vaginal area and hair shedding was happening on both ? I had wanted to go on the pill as I had no issues on this with hair loss but as I'm 40 and smoke they are reluctant to put me on it .

Can you confirm your regime

Sammiejane

« Reply #1840 on: August 28, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »

Hi birdy

What regime are you on for hrt

Have you had hair loss ?

Can an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone cause hair loss and testosterone ?

I have been on Estrogel 2 pumps and has helped for. VA symptoms flushes and sleep but had hair thinning and tried estradiol patch for 5 weeks but it was not as good for sleep VA and was still shedding hair not any worse but not any better I'm not sure what to do ?

Please help

Tracey E

« Reply #1841 on: August 28, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »

Hi Tracey e

Are you still on the Estrogel or have you changed this now ?

The progesterone I have been prescribed is Utrogestan 100mg every night if I choose to take it as not necessary for me having hysterectomy but trying to stop hair shedding although it does seem to of slowed down and have gone back on Estrogel from the patch as I found the patch not cutting it with sleep flushes and VA the gel have been better but have swelling in vaginal area and hair shedding was happening on both ? I had wanted to go on the pill as I had no issues on this with hair loss but as I'm 40 and smoke they are reluctant to put me on it .

Can you confirm your regime

Yes I'm now trialling Estradot 75mg per day, still on Utrogestan awaiting  mirena coil to be fitted. But I am post menopausal Sammie. :)

Sammiejane

« Reply #1842 on: August 29, 2019, 12:04:46 AM »

Hi Tracey e

Yes I'm post menopausal too as had hysterectomy 5 yrs ago and went into surgical menopause but luckily had no Symtoms till summer last year which was dampness in knickers nothing else now since taking estrogen hrt am suffering hair thinning /shedding VA symtoms weight gain irritation aniexty depression I was fine before but if I stop estrogen I'll have to suffer with hair loss . I'm going to try estradot 75 patch and see about hair because I wasn't obsorbing the gel good anyway as estrogen levels dropped maybe that's why I'm getting now more dampness again and sweating in groin could lack of progesterone cause excessive sweating ?

Birdy - my thyroid is fine and all other bloods my hair loss is definitely sex hormones just not sure which one direction my tester one is low and estrogen low but I know women who take both of these in HRT and still have thinning hair and then also with progesterone too but I had no issues on the pill ? I'll keep u updated on the patch and also gynecologist I'm seeing in the 11th as the last checkup said my vagina was well estronised and no atrophy but the wetness has come back worse last few days ? Very strange us poor women

Butterfly22

« Reply #1843 on: August 29, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »

Hi ladies I'm now on the Sandrena gel and ustrogen again due to Estraderm patch hard to get. Just hope I'm not poorly as last time made my ME worse. Xx

Tracey E

« Reply #1844 on: August 29, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »

Hi Sammie, when I take Utrogestan my sweats seem to come back a little, so for me progesterone seem to make me sweat more. Are you on any Estrogen at the moment?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 187