Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735686 times)

Hurdity

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #945 on: February 17, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »

Then maybe either stretch the cycle to 5 weeks or take a slightly shorter course eg 10 or 11 days. However if you are happy with it as it is and feel fine on the utrogestan then stay as you are? if your lining was thickening then you would get some bleeding if the utrogestan was being absorbed.

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #946 on: February 26, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »

Am I the only one that gets very shaky and feels wired up when on the Utrogestan, it seems to make most people drowzy but has the opposite effect with me, insomnia and feeling like a caffeine overload really looking forward to the end of this cycle....need to sleep.... >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #947 on: February 26, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »

No - I just feel tired and foggy headed - never wired at all - progesterone is a sedative!! Can't explain why it has the opposite effect!

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #948 on: February 26, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »

If you google side effects of progesterone, shakiness, feeling of weakness, anxiety are some of them, I remember when my friend had to have progesterone injections in order to prolong her pregnancy she shook terribly so it def is the progesterone, not pleasant at all, fortunately only another 4 days to go...

KayJay

« Reply #949 on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »

Morning Ladies
I have now been on Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 200mg for 12 days a month now for a year and felt great.... but, the last 2 cycles I have started bleeding as soon as I take the Utrogestan and lasts all the time on the Utrogestan and at least a week after. About a 3 week bleed. Nothing heavy just normal or spotting.

Does anyone have any ideas while this would start doing it after a year of working great with the period appearing for just 4 days after the utrogestan?
Xx

Cassie

« Reply #950 on: February 27, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

The Utrogestan is the correct prescribed dosage for using it cyclically, I know many people start bleeding whilst on it, I think it has something to do with absorption, 3 weeks does seem a bit accessive, when last did you have a scan to check the thickness of your uterine lining, it may help to drop down to 100mg used for 12 to 14 days per mth and see if this lightens the bleed, but you would need to follow up with a scan at least annually as it is not the licenced dosage but many people, including myself use it this way.

KayJay

« Reply #951 on: February 27, 2017, 03:21:20 PM »

I've just had a review with the GP and she's suggested the Utrogestran not being enough to balance everything so wants me to try using 100mg days 1 to 26 of my next cycle.
I've never had a scan to see the thickness though.
It kind of makes sense what she says so I will try it x
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:11:55 PM by KayJay »

Cassie

« Reply #952 on: February 27, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »

But then surely you should use the 100mg if using it daily... :-\ else you may be getting in too much progesterone, which can also have its own side effects.

KayJay

« Reply #953 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »

I was a little worried as I'm still perimenopuase to change onto continuos but apparently it's ok as long as you've been a year on sequential so let's hope so.
Thanks ladies
Xx

jedigirl

« Reply #954 on: March 02, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »

'Im sure this has been asked before but if a "period" arrives before the full 12 days of Utrogestan has been taken is there any need to take all 12? I've taken 6 and my period has started already.
Any advice please?
jg

Hurdity

« Reply #955 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:33 PM »

This is a tricky one - if your period arrives because you have ovulated - then maybe you have enough progesterone to deal with the lining. However the amount of progesterone given in addition (as part of hRT) is supposed to balance the oestrogen (taken as HRT) taken in order to thin the lining. I am not clear what happens to the lining - as it is coming away - ie is it building up underneath from additional oestrogen or does this not occur until after it has shed. Can't seem to find definitive answer on this in relation to HRT (ie at structural level)? By continuing with the progesterone for the allotted time I would suggest you will help to prevent excess build-up.

If you are post-menopausal or nearly so I would say definitely continue with the whole course - but if the bleed comes very early and your cycle is still strong you might want to try to reset your cycle to coincide with the progesterone and leave it at 6 for one cycle. On the other hand early bleeding could indicate that the lining is thickened and very ready to come away - sensitive to slight changes in prog levels and therefore all the more important to take the whole course. It's a minefield isn't it!

Sorry - that probably doesn't help does it?!

Hurdity x

jedigirl

« Reply #956 on: March 03, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »

??? ooh thanks Hurdity. Think I'll just finish the 12 days to be sure. Thanks xx

KayJay

« Reply #957 on: March 07, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »

'Im sure this has been asked before but if a "period" arrives before the full 12 days of Utrogestan has been taken is there any need to take all 12? I've taken 6 and my period has started already.
Any advice please?
jg

That's exactly was was happening to me for the last couple of cycles and then I started bleeding, just a very light show, after intercourse and now it's been 2 weeks and not stopped yet. I'm even on the progesterone phase of the cycle and still bleeding.

I'm so confused by it all. Is it build up or is my estrogen levels low or are they too high and that makes the progesterone not strong enough or is is vaginal atrophy as I feel so dry below. Or did I mess up my cycle because I cut my progesterone short once because my period arrived. I feel so emotional today I keep crying.

GP has said to finish the 12 days progesterone then a 3 day break and then take the progesterone every day. If no resolution by the end of April when I get back off holiday then she will refer me for a camera. I'm so fed up of it all, I'm due to go away on Holiday for a month in April and I'm so anxious now about the bleeding I'm having panick attacks and worrying I will end up Anemic.

i wish I had a better understanding but the more I read the more confused I get.

Hope you all have a lovely day xx

I've just had a thought, does anyone think using a vaginal lubricant is a good idea for me to try or should I wait till the bleeding is resolved?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:40:36 AM by KayJay »

Hurdity

« Reply #958 on: March 07, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »

Hi KayJay

Ooer - it really is impossible to say from any individual description what is the cause of abnormal bleeding - it could be any of the things you suggest and more! If you are peri-menopausal and taking HRT then it is even more difficult to say!

Normally any bleeding after sex should be investigated but it sounds like it is ongoing and that your doc is onto it....

One thing though - if you are feeling very dry then you should also be using local oestrogen because systemic HRT is not always sufficient to keep things plumped up in the vaginal area. A vaginal lubricant I think is just for sex whears a moisturiser is to help with dryness in between the days local oestrogen is used. I am not an expert on any of these - KY is as far as I've gone (and local oestrogen). Dancinggirl and Maryjane are the most knowledgeable.

Check out "The Burning Club" thread in Private Lives but definitely go to your doc and get some local oestrogen - the different types are listed here:
https://menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

What dose/type of HRT are you taking?

Re anaemia- taking a herbal iron supplement like Floradix every few days will make sure you keep your iron levels up ( along with a good diet) so you absolutely don't need to be worried on that score! Hopefully this bleeding will have stopped by then - but even if not - don't let it spoil your holiday or if you really are concerned maybe ask your doc for something to delay your period if this is possible while on HRT?

Hurdity x

KayJay

« Reply #959 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »

Thank you Hurdity for your reply, I find it reassuring to hear.

I'm on Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestran 12/28 swapping to 25/28 after this cycle. 48 and peri for about 3 years.

Can you take local estrogen cream as well as the 2 pumps of Oestrogel? That could be a help because I've started with stress incontinence again even with the HRT.

I have such awful Anxiety I'm worried I'm taking too much already.

Thank you for your support xx
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 187