Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730718 times)

Lanzalover

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am away at the moment and cann't always get internet signal.Plus we have had family here children, partners plus grandchildren so it's been a little hectic.

Now it's just hubby and me and I have a connection thought I would reply.

a) Last period over 8 years ago so very post meno.

b) I use 2 pumps of  Oestrogel daily and 100mg Utrogetan (orally) for 25 days just couldn't do 25 days
Vaginaly. With this combination I haven't had any bleeding or spotting issues.

c) the problems arose when trying to do the above on a seqi basis poss due to the fact that I never actually took the 200mg Utro for the full 12 days as once the period arrived I just stopped the utro.usually about day 7.

d) anyway after this little experiment I have decided that I really just cann't be bothered having periods again.

e) bleeding has now stopped so will continue use on a coti basis for the time being.

f) seriously considering Tibolone as an option as not keen on continuous prog and at home I have noticed that recently
the gel is taking forever to absorb into my skin.

Hope the above makes sense cann't see the screen very well in the sun !!!

Lanzalover x

Dawncam

« Reply #871 on: November 21, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »

I was going to suggest Tibolone lanzalover. Like you, I'm fed up with having periods at a time of life when I normally wouldn't. All the planning around utro is also a pain and the periods ...... ooh la la! Anyway, I know lots of women swear by Tibolone. I'm waiting to have a Jaydess fitted which is similar to Mirena but much smaller amounts of prog. Fingers crossed. I too am getting fed up with gel and keep swapping between patches and gel as patches make me blow up like a pumpkin with water retention. I'm considering going back to tablet E alongside the IUD. I never had joint and muscle pain and always slept well on tabs. In fact, if it hadn't been for the down of the prog in Conti tabs, that was the best I've ever felt on hrt. Good luck with your decision.

Dx

GuernseyGirl

« Reply #872 on: November 24, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I am struggling to work out which doses of HRT will work as I can't see my gynaecologist until earliest End of Feb 17. She will - I hope- advise me about testosterone too .

My Hemi plegic Migraine lasted 13 days from the second day of taking Ulto. It disables 50% of my body and makes my brain like mush - I just can't go on for 3 more months so will try DHEA (when it comes)
I am taking it the progesterone vaginally.
Am I supposed to stop taking the oestrogen ? I've been bleeding for 8 days but not heavily .

KAZZ65

« Reply #873 on: November 25, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »

Hi

I'm just weighing up whether to start on Oestrogel/Utrogestan routine and just need some help/advice please.  I'm new to this group (introduced here by one of my friends who told me many ladies in the group use this regime).

First of all I would be asking my GP for this treatment (currently on Femoston) and not sure how easy it is to get on NHS - therein might lie a problem!  :-\

Also is the gel messy to use and does it take a long time to dry?  Is it usually applied on your arm?  Does it affect intimacy with your partner if used in evening or is it used in the morning? 

Sorry for all the questions.  Hope someone can help.

Thanks a Lot
KAZZ

Minniecc

« Reply #874 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »

Hi I'm new to this.  I've started using Estrogel and provera a month ago and decided that I don't like provera tablets  now I will take utrogestan tablets this month.  It says to take tablets and Estrogel at the same time. But I prefer to take Estrogel in the morningsand want to take utrogestan in the evenings  in hope to make me sleepy. Is that okay to do that way?  Let me know thanks
Minnie

Dancinggirl

« Reply #875 on: December 13, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »

Hi Minniecc - When they say ‘at the same time' they mean both on the same day, not necessarily at the same time of day.  It will be fine taking the Utro at night and the gel in the morning.  Dg x

ellmcdee

• First Flush
« Reply #876 on: December 13, 2016, 02:18:41 PM »

Hello
Newbie here.
I am 48, started peri at 43 - hot flushes, night sweats, then all back to normal for 9 months, then same again following year, then last 2 years got progressively longer periods of peri symptoms, coupled with periods of anxiety and crushing insomnia. tried natural remedies, saw a naturopath, herbalist, acupuncturist, all  helped to some degree but it was the insomnia that did me in!
Last proper period was January 2016.
I have now been on cyclical HRT for just over 3 months (started 1 Sept) - 2 pumps of estrogel and 200mg (2 tabs orally) of utrogestan on days 15-26 of cycle.
Took a while to settle but this last month I've noticed that my hot flushes/night sweats are returning.I wonder if it might be to do with the new brand of estrogel I'm using. First 2 months was a brand I can't remember, last month was made by Besins Healthcare, same ingredients, dose etc but when I first pumped it out I really noticed that it looked a lot less than the previous gel. I wonder if I've been underdosing slightly all this month and now my symptoms are coming back.
Has anyone else noticed a change to their gel brand and if it looks less in their hand, and/or noticed difference in their symptoms?

I have a few other questions but will start with this one first please, to all you very knowledgeable women out there. This forum is a great resource and thank you to all who reply and help us newbies out!
Thank you.
Merry Christmas.

Ell

Hurdity

« Reply #877 on: December 13, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »

Hi ellmcdee

:welcomemm:

I am sorry I can't help with your gel question but if it doesn't get answered do start a new thread in the new members section and someone will be along to answer eventually ( but it's a busy time at the mo' with Christmas preps!) - not everyone reads long running threads. I know gel users have posted about differences in consistency so I am sure you will get an answer when one of them is not quite so busy! :)

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #878 on: December 14, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »

ellmcdee I am sure that it's just coincedental....I also use the Besins gel its manufactured in France, on the box it says one plunge of the pump delives 1.25g of gel. Each 2.5g of gel contains 1.5mg of 17B Oestradiol. I have used one and half pumps for many years with no symptoms, so I doubt its the gel, perhaps you just going through a dip and may need to add half a pump more to your routine and see if it helps. The joy of the gel is, that one can adjust it accordingly.  :)

ellmcdee

• First Flush
« Reply #879 on: December 15, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Hello Hurdity and cassie, many thnaks for your replies.
cassie, i've upped my gel a little last few days and maybe seeing a slight improvement.

thanks again!

Ell

Keepgoing

« Reply #880 on: December 16, 2016, 02:04:57 AM »

Hi ell

I am on the estrogel everything going well but for about 4 months chemist started giving me eostrodose, the French one. I also thought it was inconsistent in measuring the dose and I was right, when I'm low in estrogen my skin itches and this came back...so my chemist now makes sure it's estrogel for this she has to say to them it's the one that is in English, as it took her requesting it 3 times and they still sent the French one...all sorted now been back on estrogel and no more itching...I would have a word with your chemist to get the one you were getting originally...hope this helps xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #881 on: December 16, 2016, 02:14:50 AM »

I have bumped the thread about this product besins so you can read it ell xx

Night_Owl

« Reply #882 on: December 16, 2016, 01:12:32 PM »

The side effects of Utrogestan (for those of us who are progesterone intolerant) never cease to amaze me.  I am trying to shake off a nasty bout of flu that put me in bed for over a week, have lost about half a stone.  I delayed use of Utro (100 mg v-route x 12) for as long as I could - however - oh my goodness - all day, every single day I have suffered extreme nausea and some retching, the absolute worst black depression - the side effects have been most extreme.  I will never understand how even when taken v-route, Utro has such strong systemic effects - no way is it just "localised".  It is such powerful stuff, even at 100mg.

Charlotte ...

« Reply #883 on: December 16, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »

That's awful, it must be such a huge burden for you to take it, it doesn't register with me at all.

Keepgoing

« Reply #884 on: December 17, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »

I'm fine with the utro, but I have heard provera is good also. Have any of you tried this if utro causing problems? Xx
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 187