Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735649 times)

Chikabee

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #840 on: September 25, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »

Hi Dazned,

So have you stopped vaginal insertion of Utrogestan? Did that alleviate bladder problems?

Chikabee

dazned

« Reply #841 on: September 25, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »

No I stopped it altogether ! Ive been off hrt since last November just didnt feel good on hrt anymore after doing well for on elleste duet 5/6 years it stopped working for me . Tried to persevere with the new regime of estrogen and utrogeston but couldn't put up with the irritation.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #842 on: September 26, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »

Menomale - using Utro vaginally was definitely a no, no for me - the lovely ‘high' feeling I got from taking Utro orally stopped when I started to use Utro vaginally, I also got a big dip in mood and it irritated my urethra and vagina dreadfully.  I'm afraid I found Utro very problematic overall - I think many do better on Provera if Utro doesn't suit them.  Provera is the only progesterone I haven't tried but I'm taking a complete break from HRT (still using Vagifem 2-3 times a week) and now, over 3 months with out systemic HRT, I'm coping OK.
DG x

Liz

« Reply #843 on: September 27, 2016, 06:43:54 AM »

Like DG, I tried the Utro vaginally this month and within 2 days I had irritation and the start of thrush.  Gone back to taking it orally and although I feel tired and drained on it, it seems the lesser of the two evils at the moment.  Keep debating a break, but going to have a bleed first.

Mary G

« Reply #844 on: September 27, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »

Menomale, thanks, that is very interesting about DHEA and progesterone.  I take 25mg of DHEA everyday and have felt much better for it.  My periods are now lighter although that might be partly due to reducing my Oestrogel dose to 2 pumps everyday.  I knew that DHEA converted into oestrogen from my blood test results but I did not know about the progesterone part. 

Hurdity

« Reply #845 on: September 27, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »

This is going a bit off topic for this thread - but I'm sure I said elsewhere that the endocrine and enzyme control of sex steroid metabolism is extremely complex  biochemistry (can't even begin to understand it) and it cannot be assumed unless there are relevant data demonstrating this, that just because a compound or hormone is on a particular metabolic pathway, increasing or supplementing some precursors will necessarily increase the end hormone or switch the metabolic process along a different route, otherwise we might as well all just eat loads of cholesterol and everything will be fine ie we'll make up any deficiencies! I know that's a bit flippant but hopefully you get my gist. That's just an excuse for my not knowing very much at all about all the peripheral hormone pathways (!) - but intuitively to me there have to be complex limiting factors - and not simply the intermediates in the pathway.

There have been threads on DHEA but perhaps start another one because it's an interesting topic?

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #846 on: September 27, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »

Thanks Menomale, that is very interesting and please keep us updated on your findings.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #847 on: September 29, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »

Hi Menomale and MaryG

I've been reading this thread with interest as a friend has been using oestrogel and utrogestan for a while and has recently started taking DHEA. I passed on the details of this conversation this morning to her. Thanks for your comments, they are very interesting. I'm going to look up the detail you provided Menomale and try to better understand it.

Please don't stop posting on any other threads Menomale, you make some very informative and valid comments and shouldn't feel a need to confine yourself to just your own thread. I got the impression that Hurdity was suggesting that what she was saying was a little off topic and also suggesting that a new thread on DHEA could be valuable. Your journey has been an informative and interesting one and we are always glad to read your news.

All good wishes to you both x

Mary G

« Reply #848 on: September 29, 2016, 05:08:19 PM »

Thanks Elizabethrose, that is very interesting and I would love to hear how your friend gets on.  Quite a few women are starting to use DHEA with the Oestrogel/Utrogestan regime and my gynaecologist (who is German) encourages it but she thinks I should only take 10mg everyday whereas Professor MacGregor (someone you know well!) thinks I should take 25mg so I am sticking with the higher dose for now. 

I agree, keep posting wherever you like Menomale, I find your posts very informative and wish I was blessed with your scientific brain and language skills.  That link you provided was interesting so thanks for that.

Hurdity

« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2016, 07:33:01 AM »

Exactly Menomale - good idea! When there are too many threads from the same person about the same thing, it gets difficult for those of us trying to help and with limited time because then you have to look up everything else the person has said to try to help them and that takes a lot of time. It's great to have the personal experiences in one or two threads if it's an ongoing saga with updates every few days. The forum is so busy it's hard to remember everyone's story and details of all their investigations and medication! However yes the academic aspects of DHEA are very interesting - and separate from personal experiences so when I have time I will find the thread and hopefully people (yourself included of course!!!) will post stuff about what's going on scientifically and we can discuss it! :) .

Right back to the thread - I'm just about to start my course of utrogestan this cycle. Always difficult to time it to avoid being away but making sure the cycle is not too short or too long. I found the two calendar month cycle a bit too long so now it's a bit erratic....Before using the utrogestan I always do a reloading of Vagifem for a few days just to plump up tissues and in my head, hope to limit the systemic absorption of the utro and therefore minimise side effects!

Hurdity x

nothappybun

« Reply #850 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »

Right back to the thread - I'm just about to start my course of utrogestan this cycle. Always difficult to time it to avoid being away but making sure the cycle is not too short or too long. I found the two calendar month cycle a bit too long so now it's a bit erratic....Before using the utrogestan I always do a reloading of Vagifem for a few days just to plump up tissues and in my head, hope to limit the systemic absorption of the utro and therefore minimise side effects!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity,
I just started the Utrogestan on the 1st and noticed a lot bloating, stomach upset, feeling a bit giddy and my breasts are very tender too and only been on it a week and still another to go  ???  Hope it wears off with time, at least I'll give it two cycles before complaining  ;D ;D ;D

nothappybun

« Reply #851 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »

Just noticed your quote about life not being about waiting for the storm to pass.  I like it.  What an appropriate response to those who ask us why we decided to take HRT!

;) Thank you! I think all of us here want to dance in the rain  :)

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”

nothappybun

« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2016, 06:16:31 AM »

I've just realised I've been taking Utrogestan wrong, only took one tablet this first week, just saw on the box it says two.
Does anyone know if it's ok to continue the rest of the week taking two? Checked to get an appointment online at my GP's and no routine ones till the end of the month...

Dancinggirl

« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2016, 08:07:08 AM »

It should be fine - many women find they can get away with taking one per day but the licensed dose is 2x100mg capsule (200mg) per day for 12 days each month.  If women are using Utro vaginally then it does seem to be OK to use one 100mg capsule per day. Just take 2 capsules before bed for the next 11days .   DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »

Yes I agree fine to take 2 x 100 mg for the rest of the week.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 187