Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730758 times)

Cassie

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #690 on: July 05, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »

I take day 1 as the 1st day of the mth....perhaps its too much progesterone, 2 x 100 mg if you have access for an annual scan you could perhaps then take 100mg x 12 days and see if that makes you feel better....you dont say how many days you were taking the utrogestan but you could drop down to 12

Kathleen

« Reply #691 on: July 05, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »

Hello Chikabee and welcome to the forum.

I am not one of the expert ladies so I won't comment on your HRT query but I will say that I too look at other women and wonder how they do it. At the moment I seem to be seeing contented old couples everywhere and I wonder how they got to such a place as I seem to be  permanently irritable and on edge with my husband!

Perhaps we find a new and equally fulfilling version of normal as we move through the menopause! Older women say it does get better and I'm pinning my hopes on that.

Wishing you well.

K.

Maryjane

« Reply #692 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »

I take utrogestin along with sandrena . I was told day one is first day of proper bleed I take utrogestin from days 21-27 a 100mg as I am intolerant to it and anymore I would probably top myslelf.

I am also waiting for this me women to appear , and am very saddened by what seems to be my new normal, lost interest in most things.

Smarlo

« Reply #693 on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:45 PM »

Hello All

Chipping in with my experience - a good one.

I was put on Oestrogen + Utrogestan in 2012 by a Swiss gynaecologist: one pump and a bit per day of gel and twice a week of Utro vaginally. I am intolerant of progesterone; blow up like a balloon and get breast pain. But spreading out the Utro the way I'm doing is working wonderfully well - no more insomnia, no more vaginal atrophy, no brain fog. I feel I'm getting the benefits of the oestrogen without the progesterone downside.

I take the utro on Monday and Thursday nights after climbing into bed, having applied the gel on alternating thighs during my last trip to the loo before bedtime.

I get regular lining scans and they always range from 2.5mm to 3mm. And this Swiss way, which the doctor said is a normal regime throughout France, Switzerland and Italy, produces no bleed - it keeps the lining thin on its own.

I don't think I would want to subject myself to the raging PMT-style symptoms I would have by taking it for seven consecutive days, as advised by Prof Studd. This Swiss doctor was adamant that this regime would be best for me and, four years later, I'm feeling great with no postmenopausal symptoms.

Hope this helps!

Cassie

« Reply #694 on: July 06, 2016, 02:54:11 PM »

I would def get spotting using the Utrogestan in this manner....

Trufflecat

« Reply #695 on: July 06, 2016, 06:49:19 PM »

Very interesting Smarlo

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #696 on: July 06, 2016, 07:38:39 PM »

At my meno clinic today so thats me up to four pumps a day.  And utrogestan for seven days every other month 200mg vaginally and also testosterone.  The doc was brilliant.  Although it isn't licenced in uk to take like this she is happy to let me try it and  actually.spoke to me like I had a brain cells.  Just have to hope it works. Fingers crossed

Hurdity

« Reply #697 on: July 06, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

Hi smarlo

:welcomemm:

Sounds interesting - but of course as you have been doing this under a gynaecologist and having regular scans that's fine. It would be lovely if every woman could have personalised treatment but sadly the NHS cannot afford this. Do you live in UK or did you travel to Switzerland for your (presumably private) treatment?

A few years ago I used to take Cyclogest as the progesterone part of my HRT - before utrogestan was widely available and when I trialled reducing my oestrogen dose to a 25 mcg patch and taking progesterone on a conti basis, I took the Cyclogest (progesterone pessaries) every other night - or might have been every third night. I arrived at this after reseraching on here - there was another woman doing the same thing - and my GP was happy. I only took this for a few months but I didn't have any breakthrough bleeding. The regular amount of progesterone did seem to work.

I presume in your case the dose of oestrogen you are absorbing is very low hence that amount of progesterone is sufficient?

Hurdity x

Chikabee

« Reply #698 on: July 06, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »

Thanks all for replies to my original query.

I spoke to my GP to ask about whether I can increase Estradiol to 2mg from 1.5mg, and she said 1.5mg is max recommendation. She suggested seeing my Gynaecologist Dr Panay re further advice, even as a private patient I've been offered an appointment in December  :-\

Incidentally, someone asked below,  I am on 100mg x 2Utrogestan for day 15-26. The bloating is horrendous but manageable now. I have gained weight, I hope if I can get out to do some exercise and lose weight the bloating will not be too bad.

My GP said I should not drink alcohol as this will contribute to night sweats/disturbed sleep. She said to consult this forum for more advice. Are you gals off alcohol? I don't drink loads, maybe 1 or 2 a month socially.

I don't think the hrt is helping with mood/depression. I'm 46, blimey, and GP says hrt is important for bone health etc. I will try acupuncture again, but what other remedies have people been trying? Why is mood still affected if you are supplementing with HRT?

Also, some posters talk about Testosterone, what does that specifically help with?

Thanks

Chikabee

Trufflecat

« Reply #699 on: July 07, 2016, 05:41:39 AM »

Chickabee I am now up to four pumps of oestrogel and Utrogestan 100 for 7 days. It's not perfect and has taken a lot of tweaking, but my moods are better. I am in peri.  This month I decided to use the Utrogestan vaginally and now, three days after finishing the Utrogestan I have a period! A proper one! (After months of nothing. I assume upping the oestrogel plus more progesterone getting to where it's needed by the vaginal route has done that).  And I am going on holiday tomorrow.......so that's great timing  :)

Trufflecat

« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »

Thanks 😀

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #701 on: July 07, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »

Trufflecat.same.regeime as me now plus I am . adding. Testosterone.  Fingers crossed!! Only habe to take the progesterone every other month ciz I am intolerant.  Supposed to be 200mg for 7 days but we will see :-\

Trufflecat

« Reply #702 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:03 AM »

Good luck tinkerbellj

Fullmoon

« Reply #703 on: July 08, 2016, 08:31:52 AM »

I just posted the question below on a different part of the site and then found this thread - don't know why I hadn't seen this before but it looks like someone here will be able to answer - thank you!

Hello all,

Is anyone who is post-meno taking Utrogestan for 7 days out of 28 which I believe is the regime that Prof John Stubbs advocates?  I have taken Utrogestan continuously for some years now but I think it is contributing to low mood and 'brain fog' - so last week I decided to take a break having read on John Stubbs website about the seven days each month - and whether coincidental or not - have felt hugely better since.  I take 2 squirts of oestrogel daily as well.  Thanks!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #704 on: July 08, 2016, 09:44:13 AM »

Fullmoon - yes you could try Studd's regime.  You should get a withdrawal bleed each month but you should also be under the supervision of a gynaecologist if you do this regime - it is a much lower dose and number of days than is recommended by NICE - quite a few of us have tried this regime and found we get problematic bleeding and spotting as the womb lining can build up too much. Many of us do prefer to use a sequential HRT well into post meno because using progesterone continuously can cause side effects. Most ladies who do well with the this lower dose by using the Utrogestan vaginally which tends to be more effective but some find it can irritate the bladder and vaginal area.
It's probably worth trying it for 7-10 days vaginally but do talk to your gynae first. DG x
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 187