Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735632 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #555 on: May 11, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »

Hello Ladies
I know I keep over thinking these things!  To be honest, I think it's part of my anxiety, it makes me need to find a solution all the time, which is okay to problem solve but not okay to ruminate over.

Anyway, I have completed my 7 days on Utrogestan and will continue to with 1 pump again for the next month.  I am thinking of increasing my AD's because I am overthinking although it is less, and I know I am doing it....but will probably give it another week or so before doing so.

As I mentioned before, I was at some point considering tweaking my doseage to ensure that my lining keeps healthy, etc, but my GP has been clueless.  Therefore, I am considering asking for a referal to my menopause clinic as I am not sure what I can do. For example, I didn't mind the 100mg really for 7 days, but was wondering if I could increase to 2 pumps of gel, could I try the 25/28 method of utrogestan? 

The Femoston 1/10 was good for a while so increased to 2/10 but never settled on that....but was told I had to come off tablets due to my sticky blood syndrome.

Cassie

« Reply #556 on: May 11, 2016, 05:53:55 PM »

Well its been well over 10 yrs and so far OH has not started sprouting any bits that he shouldnt, despite me applying the gel religiously every night..... ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #557 on: May 11, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »

That's interesting Cassie - you mean the stuff actually touches him as in skin to skin contact - regularly?

Mis71Mum - no reason why not to do 25 days per month of 100 mcg Utrogestan instead of 7 - it should make your bleeds lighter in the long run although you may get some irregular breakthrough bleeding at odd times at first.

Hurdity x

englishrose

« Reply #558 on: May 11, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

Before you change your regime please check with your health provider. It is good to get other people's experiences but we are all different and people are giving their personal opinion but not a medical opinion

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #559 on: May 12, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »

Hello

2 days finishing my Utrogestan, my period has arrived! Yippeee, good to feel normal/hormones having some effect.

Can I ask a question that isn't analysing or overthinking please?  If it's quite light, can I take it that my oestrogen levels are still low? Or could it be that the Utrogestan isn't high enough to cause a full bleed?  Just thinking of my next steps as to whether to go for 2 pumps, and 25/28 Utrogestan or wait another month on my current regime of 1 Pump and 7 x 100mg.  I know that my lining was very thin when seen by my Gyny in April.

I can't believe that a year ago, I was possibly having too much oestrogen as was bleeding 3 times in 28 days on F2/10.  What a total minefield this peri menopause lark is!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #560 on: May 12, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »

Mis71Mum - stick with what you have been doing - don't tinker. The lower dose is clearly enough - as long as flushes and night sweats are under control that is all that matters at this stage.  DG x

Cassie

« Reply #561 on: May 12, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »

No Hurdity def not regularly at all, for that I would need some of your Testosterone gel  ;D

Tempest

« Reply #562 on: May 12, 2016, 04:14:24 PM »

Hi ladies! Phew! This is tough going. STILL getting the shakes (internal tremors) which show up at the oddest times even when I'm relaxing or doing something enjoyable. Also feelings of extreme nausea. Day 36 of 2 pumps of Estrogel at night. Also shaking upon waking which I haven't had since early peri (about 3 - 4 years ago now). Symptoms lessen as day progresses, but are there very strongly in the mornings, so much so that it's interfering with my day majorly!

I'm trying to 'om' as much as possible, but tbh it's getting me down a bit now! If you have any thoughts anyone, i'd appreciate it. I don't want to mess about with my dose at this stage, except maybe to split the dose AM and PM? All other bloods are fine as had the whole caboodle done before I started the HRT.

Mood is also a bit all over the place too! Cried today when I saw a wee bird in the garden getting attacked by a bullying magpie. It was like the end of the world!!! Again, not had anything like this since my peri days. :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #563 on: May 12, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

Hello

2 days finishing my Utrogestan, my period has arrived! Yippeee, good to feel normal/hormones having some effect.

Can I ask a question that isn't analysing or overthinking please?  If it's quite light, can I take it that my oestrogen levels are still low? Or could it be that the Utrogestan isn't high enough to cause a full bleed?  Just thinking of my next steps as to whether to go for 2 pumps, and 25/28 Utrogestan or wait another month on my current regime of 1 Pump and 7 x 100mg.  I know that my lining was very thin when seen by my Gyny in April.

I can't believe that a year ago, I was possibly having too much oestrogen as was bleeding 3 times in 28 days on F2/10.  What a total minefield this peri menopause lark is!

Hi Mis71Mum - I can't remember what you have been prescribed and whether it was by a gynae or your GP? The licensed dose of utrogestan for cyclical HRT is 200 mg orally x 12 days per 28, and for continuous combined is 100 mg for 25 days per 28, but some docs prescribe a longer course of progesterone for peri-menopausal women if there is problematic bleeding.

If you saw your gynae in April and your lining was thin then it may well not have built up over the first month, although 7 days of utrogestan 100 mg orally is very low - as I said above - way less than the licensed dose. Did you doc/gynae indicate you could vary it eg increase to two pumps if your symptoms were not controlled with one?

The main thing is how are you feeling generally?

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »

Hi ladies! Phew! This is tough going. STILL getting the shakes (internal tremors) which show up at the oddest times even when I'm relaxing or doing something enjoyable. Also feelings of extreme nausea. Day 36 of 2 pumps of Estrogel at night. Also shaking upon waking which I haven't had since early peri (about 3 - 4 years ago now). Symptoms lessen as day progresses, but are there very strongly in the mornings, so much so that it's interfering with my day majorly!

I'm trying to 'om' as much as possible, but tbh it's getting me down a bit now! If you have any thoughts anyone, i'd appreciate it. I don't want to mess about with my dose at this stage, except maybe to split the dose AM and PM? All other bloods are fine as had the whole caboodle done before I started the HRT.

Mood is also a bit all over the place too! Cried today when I saw a wee bird in the garden getting attacked by a bullying magpie. It was like the end of the world!!! Again, not had anything like this since my peri days. :'(

How long have you been on two pumps Tempest? Also what is your diet like? Sorry if you've already said elsewhere but now is a good time to look at this and especially to cut out sugar and refined carbs as much as possilbe and indeed reduce carbs generally - and replace it with more lean protein, fruit, veg, nuts etc if you can. This will help control your blood sugar metabolism and stabilise blood sugar - which might be playing a part in your side effects? Just a thought...

The nausea sounds like a reaction to increased oestrogen - like in pregnancy - and this should settle soon hopefully - I know it's tough at first but it will be worth it in the long run (hopefully!)

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »

Thanks ladies for the replies.

My gyny prescribed the Utrogestan basically to give me a bleed pre op wise at 7 X 100mg so I will ask him what my correct doseage should be.

My GP prescribed the gel which stated 2 pumps increasing to 3 but I wanted to start at 1 and am glad I did. She also prescribed me tablets of nonhiserone which I wouldn't take.

My night/early morning flushes have gone. I have a bit more energy and have stopped crying at daft things. Not much concentration still and also getting very hot and flushed face in the day.

My side effects of headaches and nausea and bloating have all now settled.

Strangely I've had a rash all over my feet for the last 6 months, and over the last 10 days, it's disappeared. Very strange indeed, never put the rash down to hormones.

Tempest

« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »

Ah, thank you again Hurdity! You really are so kind! My diet is good, actually. Ever since peri, I've cut out all added and refined sugar and don't do caffeine at all. I eat low GI Foods too such as porridge and oatcakes to level out blood sugar. There is always room for improvement though I'm sure!

I didn't think of the similarity to pregnancy and adding in estrogen tbh! So long ago now, I forgot what it's like (my lovely son turns 20 soon, doesn't seem possible). I guess my body has had rather a shock as this is the first HRT in over a year after my BSO (also had TAH when I was 36 and I'm 47 now). I never felt I was running on full cylinders even after that op. but wasn't offered any hormonal support. I guess it could take a while lo get than usual for me to adjust? I must just try to be patient!😊

Tempest

« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Sorry Hurdity - meant to say it's been 31 days on 2 pumps!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #568 on: May 12, 2016, 05:22:43 PM »

Tempest
I was just going to say that I reacted the same way as you and I had been off HRT for just over 4 months.  If you've not had it for over a year, then I would imagine it would take a while to settle.

Hang in there xx

Tempest

« Reply #569 on: May 12, 2016, 07:00:44 PM »

Oh, thank you so much Mis71Mum! I really appreciate your reassurance!😊xxx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 187