Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735647 times)

catlike

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #405 on: April 04, 2016, 06:23:32 PM »

Darn it- I spoke to soon. Now on day 25 of cycle- with 7 days of prog at 100mg vaginally- with 1.5mg of gel today....I'm feeling dreadful with headache all day and no energy! So- perhaps it makes no difference whether I allow to dry or rub it in? I think my own E levels just fluctuate wildly regardless.  :(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #406 on: April 04, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »

I usually get a headache around days 7-9 when on any progesterone - it's just part of the cycle and usually passes in 24-48 hours.  I'm afraid no HRT regime will be without some side effects. It is particularly important to eat small amount often avoid blood sugar lows, particularly on the Utrogesten phase, as low blood sugar can trigger the headache and fatigue.  DG x

Kate50

« Reply #407 on: April 05, 2016, 03:30:05 AM »

Back to waking up every night since taking and finishing utrogestan? 

Cassie

« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2016, 08:02:31 AM »

This mths Utrogestan is really making we wired up, feel like I have had an overdose of caffeine, very bad sleeping, palps etc just horrid, counting eagerly till day 12 is up

catlike

« Reply #409 on: April 05, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »

Thanks DG. I do eat regularly so don't think it's a blood sugar issue. Yesterday was just total wipe out for me- very difficult to function like a normal human being!  I didn't take the prog in eve as I knew I couldn't handle it. And yes maybe I will just stop it now- like you do Stellajane.

Things for me seem worse than ever- with the big drops going on- then ok for couple of days, in fact feeling great,- then bam another drop. Wonder if this is my own hormones last hurrah roller coaster ride before they level out? Gawd I hope so!

Night_Owl

« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2016, 04:52:33 PM »

Does anybody else find their experience of Utrogestan varies each time they use it

For quite a few years now I've used Utrogestan 100mg x 12 nights, v-route, 6 or 7 weekly - progesterone intolerant so it's never good and a challenge to get through it.

Sometimes on days 1, 2 and 3, I feel energised and can get almost manic, doing things that I continually put off - eg. clearing out cupboards etc etc. Sedated and difficult to wake in the mornings though.  Conversely, some mornings totally wired.  Weird, complicated, exhausting dreams.  Day 6 or 7 is always a turning point (cumulative effect of Utro in system) - things always start to go more downhill then - the degree by which this happens varies each time - can get a crippling monster migraine - or not. Sometimes I have a one night break if I feel particularly bad, then resume.  This is new: after stopping I used to feel relief but now get a serious and hideous mood dip, worse depression - then after a very light withdrawal bleed and about 7 days later, feel a bit better.

Think we discussed on here before how the body can metabolise Utrogestan differently, depending on many other factors.

I will never fathom this hormone / HRT game!  Exhausting trying to work out what one's biochemistry is going!

Niamh

« Reply #411 on: April 05, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »

Hi there yes mine can! I'm severely intolerant too so take for 7 days monthly v route and I find day 1/2 I get nausea and exhaustion. By day 4/5 pmt starts I'm very irritable depressed mood swings and by day 6/7 can't wait to stop! My sleep throughout is like you describe weird exhausting dreams which wake me often especially between 3-6am, I certainly don't find it makes me sleep well. Withdrawal can be nasty too but not always then bleed is fine and like you 7 days after stopping I'm ok again. I can get nasty insomnia on withdrawal too. Tbh though it does vary some months worse than others but it's always a mix of these things I hate the stuff!x

Kate50

« Reply #412 on: April 05, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

Yeah that's how mine was night owl very Dissapointed really.  The thing was my VA seem to dissappear and now its back?? Its a poor second for me at the moment had only just got settled on oestrogel and now feels like gone back.  Will need 2 months to get over it!  I have noticed bf though how when taking progesterone my VA got better? Anyone else notice this?  And it's never got completely better just on oestrogen.

Mary G

« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2016, 06:02:34 PM »

I would definitely agree that the effects of Utrogestan vary each time I use it but generally speaking, the longer you use it, the worse it gets.  Sometimes I get constipation, sometimes I don't and then some months I get weird dreams.  It is never the same two months running except I always sleep very well and it does have a soothing effect on VA. 

I have started rubbing my excess Oestrogel onto my upper, inner thighs and my VA (or irritation perhaps) has disappeared completely.  It's a problem I've had for many years and not entirely menopause related in my case and it could be a coincidence but it's worked so I will stick with it.  I did notice my last period was heavier though but again, it could be a coincidence. 

Goosieloosie

« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »

I'm only on my 2nd month of Utrogestan 200mg x 12 days vaginally, last month I had terrible withdrawal at the end of the 12 days, crying, depressed, irritated with everyone & everything but this month I barely noticed any difference at the end of the 12 days as I was actually dreading it but at least prepared to feel this way again,very confusing  :-\  I have noticed however, that I do get the exhausting dreams, I actually had said to my husband that they wear me out & I wish I could switch my brain off! And I woke every morning at around 6am totally wide awake while on the Utro, normally if I wake this early, to say go to the toilet, I always manage to fall straight back to sleep again. I don't recall this happening last month either  :-\. What does concern me though, and I'd like some advice here please, is the heavy bleeding at the end of the Utrogestan phase, both months I have had 2 very heavy crampy days  and this month with clots, is this normal?? I am 54 & post meno by about a year & a half & really can't be doing with such nasty, heavy & painful bleeds  >:( Anyone else suffer like this with heavy bleeds? Any idea why it's like this? Oh and I use a Estradot 50 patch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:13:00 PM by Goosieloosie »

Kate50

« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

MaryG I got constipation!  Why was it the other progesterones were no good? ? Lol
Willl try the thigh thing.
Goosie I hardly bled 3 very light days when I took some combined progesterone last year when I was trying different ones I had only had it 2 days and bled heavily and painfully for a week?

Goosieloosie

« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2016, 07:42:24 PM »

MaryG I got constipation!  Why was it the other progesterones were no good? ? Lol
Willl try the thigh thing.
Goosie I hardly bled 3 very light days when I took some combined progesterone last year when I was trying different ones I had only had it 2 days and bled heavily and painfully for a week?

Hi Kate, I was also on combined (patches) last year & I too bled heavily on & off the whole time I was on them, I'm really fed up with the heavy bleeding on utro, why can't I have a light bleed lol!! Anyone else have a heavy withdrawal bleed, any idea what I could do, maybe trying 100mg instead of 200??

Kate50

« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »

Yeah maybe try 100 I only take that can't imagine how shit I would be feeling if had had 200! I took a homeopathic  Sepia țo put me right and get rid of lingering headaches I use to take it when i was younger.

Mary G

« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2016, 07:54:30 PM »

Goosieloosie, I take 100mg Utrogestan vaginally and get what I call a good bleed but it only lasts about 4 days and then goes away completely.  Had the lining checked and it's fine (2mm straight after a period) so it's enough Utrogestan in my case.  I agree with Kate50, why not try 100mg instead.

Kate50

« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »

Getting my lining checked next week.  I only just remembered the Other day that when I had one of these a few years ago they said I had a small fibroid I wonder if it's grown now?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 187