Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730428 times)

Sarahjaynexo

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2625 on: June 17, 2021, 09:03:32 AM »

Hi,

My Oestrogel and Utrogestan have arrived today.

It’s for 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily and 200mg Utrogestan for 12 days per month.

Do I start the Utrogestan on day 15? I’m just confused that it’s 12 days, I thought it was two weeks?

Do I push the plunger all the way down when getting the pumps of Oestrogel?  GP only px one bottle? But I have three months worth of Utrogestan?  I’ll have to ask him for two more bottles?

I’m excited to be starting my HRT.  But, also a bit confused by how it’s been prescribed.

Could anyone help?

Thanks.

I have the same, started today but wasn't sure on the pump quantity? I think it's estrogel in the mornings and utrogestan in the evenings? Haven't got much information on how to take these x

sheila99

« Reply #2626 on: June 17, 2021, 08:01:41 PM »

Utro can have a sedative effect so most people take it in the evening. Your gp should have told you how much gel to use. I started on 2 pumps in peri but best to check first. You can use it at any time of day but stick to the same time each day.

Wannabewell

« Reply #2627 on: June 20, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »

Hi everyone,

Little update....

Day 10 of Oestrogel, now on 1.5 pumps (working my way up to 2).  Really noticed improvement with mood which was my biggest issue when requesting HRT. So far it seems to be suiting me.

I’m still getting used to applying it.  I put it onto the mid inner thigh but I’m finding it hard to just smooth it on and not rub in .. I’m left with quite a bit on the palm of my hand with nowhere to put it, unless I rub it in a bit on the inner thigh??

Any tips appreciated.

Also, if I decide that I’d like to try Estrodot patch in the equivalent dosage (once I’ve settled on my dose) is it the same as Oestrogel?  I think they’re both Estradiol .. is all Estradiol the same?

Thanks.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #2628 on: June 20, 2021, 03:15:17 PM »

Hi, I tried to put the gel on with just one or two fingers when I was using it so it didn't spread all over my hands.

I went onto Estradot 50 after just over a year and find them much more convenient. You use them twice weekly. They are quite small and transparent and stick very well without skin irritation. I put mine on my tummy below the waist swapping sides each time.

They seem to be pretty much the same in controlling symptoms once you get the dose right for yourself, although that is still a lot of trial and error!

I tried FemSeven conti when they were re-released this year, but had to stop after 3 weeks as they made angry red marks on my skin which lasted ages.

Hope you get on ok with whichever route you decide on! x

Cassie

« Reply #2629 on: June 20, 2021, 03:25:32 PM »

I have been using the gel for over 15 yrs and I rub it in well until it is absorbed, always done it this way.

sheila99

« Reply #2630 on: June 20, 2021, 04:47:41 PM »

I put a trail from the dispenser down my thigh then spread it with a finger tip. I think for oestrogen you're supposed to spread it rather than rub it in but the important thing is to do it the same each time so you get a consistent dose. I get a pump on each thigh but sometimes a bit on the top rather than the side, as you say you can run out of inner thigh (even more so on outer arms).

Wannabewell

« Reply #2631 on: June 20, 2021, 10:15:19 PM »

Thanks very much for your replies.

Julia Dizzy: that’s something I may try .. the fingers, rather than my palm.  Also, really good to know how you find the Estradot, just in case I need to try an alternative. Thanks for the information about the Femseven too.

Cassie: Wow, that’s really good to hear. I’m finding it suits me up to now .. day 10. Fingers crossed.

Sheila: I may try doing the trail down my inner thighs too. Thanks.

Ren70

• First Flush
« Reply #2632 on: June 28, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »

Hi, I started taking Estrogel and Utrogestan about 3 months ago but felt so low (due to the progesterone I think) that I came off it after a week. I am thinking of giving it another go and wondered if my opened bottle of Estrogel will still be okay to use. I can’t seem to find anything online and don’t really want to bother my doctor with it. Any thoughts?

Wannabewell

« Reply #2633 on: June 28, 2021, 07:54:35 PM »

Hi everyone,

Back to update and ask a question.

I’m now on day 18 of my first ever cycle of HRT. 

Oestrogel: 2 pumps I’ve been fine with so far, my mood continues to be more stable, just a little wobble with anxiety and a drop in mood that was helped when I increased up to the 2 pumps.

I’m on day 3 of oral Utrogestan: 200mg 15-26 monthly.  So far so good (fingers crossed).  I’ve slept better, had some bloating and light cramping and a flush or two on the first night.

My question is: when am I likely to bleed?

Thanks. 

I’ll keep updating periodically if that’s okay.

Edit: to say that I’ve been using two fingers to apply Oestrogel to my inner thighs with great success - thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 07:56:22 PM by Wannabewell »

pepperminty

« Reply #2634 on: June 29, 2021, 07:06:50 AM »

Hi Ren70, 

the gel should be ok if it has not gone past the use by date. Can you tell us more about your regime and symptoms , and why you stopped using it initially. They advise trying for 3 months as symptoms can settle. Perhaps start your own thread for support, as the ladies on here can reassure you if needed.

PMXx

sheila99

« Reply #2635 on: June 29, 2021, 09:51:36 AM »

You should bleed a couple of days after stopping utro.

Wannabewell

« Reply #2636 on: June 29, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »

Thanks sheila99  :)

juliemargaret

« Reply #2637 on: July 01, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »

Hello can anybody help. I have been on Estrogel (4 pumps)  and utrogestan (100mg vaginally on a 12 day cycle) for 8 weeks. I started off on 2 pumps of gel  with no changes after 4 weeks and then gradually increased to 3 and was the same so then increased to 4. I have been on 4 pumps for 2 weeks tomorrow . I am on gel alone days at the moment and have another 10 days gel alone before I start my utrogestan gain.
I feel no benefits at all really.  No energy, zero motivation , and been having little headache  here and there. I have been patient and just gone with it as I’m aware takes time and we’re all different . My Meno doctor is aware and said to stay on the dose I am until my 3 month mark and we will re assess. She said maybe I’m not absorbing the gel.
 The last few days I’ve woken with headache (boobs got a little bigger at the start and I felt a little bloated but neither have been bothersome really) I am extremely flat in mood and just not feeling like anything is working . I truly think I’ve had a hormonal imbalance for MANY years and been low on estrogen. I also think testosterone will help but as it goes can’t discuss that until after my 3 months and also my Meno doc said first we need to get estrogen optimised- which makes sense.  I’m jsut so fed up. Waking with this left eye migraine and just wanting to go back to bed. I feel something is amiss but I don’t know what . Unless I’m just coincidentally under the weather ?!  My question - could 4 pumps be TOO much?! I’m quite in tune with my body and think I’d know  - and I’ve been just okay and waiting for it to maybe settle then hoping the benefits just appear and I wake up and am Like wow!! But at the moment especially I’m
Questioning of it’s too much? Last night I had a horrible mood meltdown. Like awful pmt and I felt horrible and it was horrible! My husband and children thought I’d been possessed for half an hour! I was aware so went for a walk but today I’ve woken with this little headache again and the same feeling of wanting to return to bed.  When I first started hrt in 2 pumps I got to day 10 and realised I was waking feeling okay and not dread and doom.  I’ve not had anymore days like that since (although the dread and doom is a bit better! It’s just more the feeling flat tired and no energy or motivation. No spring in my step or spark.
Can anyone chat? X

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2638 on: July 08, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »

Hi

Have people taking Utrogestan (100mg daily) found they feel slightly depressed/flat/low mood? I can't work out if it's real life or utrogestan

Thanks

Kathleen

« Reply #2639 on: July 09, 2021, 06:14:17 PM »

Hello Noheroicsplease.

I assume that you are taking the Utrogestan orally.

Many of us are advised to use the capsules vaginally instead so as to reduce side effects but I wonder if this delivery method still causes low mood in some women?

Perhaps other ladies who respond to your question will have the answers.

Take care.

K.

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 187