Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could this be rosacea?  (Read 12136 times)

Morwenna

Re: Could this be rosacea?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 08:43:24 PM »

Taz my skin became very dry too at around the same time the Rosacea appeared. I've counteracted it by using baby oil to remove foundation at night, and Simple Hydrating moisturiser as a base to foundation. I don't wash my face or use soap products but occasionally use caster sugar and a little warm water to exfoliate as my nose has deep pores where the make up collects. Number Seven Stay Perfect foundation gives good coverage without being too heavy but I would recommend a shade lighter than your skin tone as it darkens once on your skin. I use a light shade on my face and a rose pink shade on the bridge of my nose and the top of my cheeks - this kind of 'works with' the Rosacea rather than against it if you see what I mean and has the effect of a healthy glow rather than flushed cheeks and a drinkers nose!

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »

You can also get a green tinted foundation which counteracts redness.

E45 cream is very soothing for dry tight skin.

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »

Thanks ladies. Will report back on what the doc says next week.

Taz x

Rhubarb

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 04:12:32 AM »

Taz2, I am glad to hear you say one cheek because I seem to only be affected on one cheek. For over a year my left cheek is noticeably flushed and I was worried it could be a sign of something serious, even after the doctor said it was probably rosacea. It's not terrible, but it is definitely redder on that side. My eyes are quite red lately too so it was interesting to hear that can be related to rosacea. I am certainly feeling stressed so I suppose it makes sense.

Milamam

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »

I do have rosacea that started in my 30ies. It has affected my nose , cheeks and eyes. I now use daily Synchroline rosacea gels and cream, and pure argan oil at night. Skin is much better with this combination.

For the eyes, i use artificial tear euedrops on as needed basis, and also take a daily hogh dose of Omega 3.

I also noticed that skin and eyes improved when I started HRT a year ago.
Pages: 1 [2]