Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flu jab  (Read 7960 times)

Smokey

Flu jab
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »

Hi ladies

I have been advised by my ms nurse to have the flu jab this year,  as I have not had it before I wondered how many of you have had side effects after?
I had a slight cough and cold a few months back and was surprised to find it completely knocked me off my feet for a good few days, so now I know the effect it has on me I decided no way do I want to get caught out with flu!

I have been told to have paracetamol immediately after just in case!

Thanks ladies

honeybun

Re: Flu jab
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »

My whole family has been done and we have all been fine. I got mine done in my right arm as I sleep on the left side. My arm was a bit warm and tender but apart from that I have been fine. A couple of years ago my daughter had a bit of a reaction but she was only 17. She had half a day of feeling achy but that was it.
I am a big fan of the flu jab as my hubby is diabetic.

Honeyb
X

ellie

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »

Me and DH had ours a couple of weeks ago, and had no side affects at all.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »

I had Flu Jab last year - NO side effects

This year both me and OH had it last week.
The only side effect for me was a tiny bit of a sore arm.
For OH, "A really sore arm" which he couldn't sleep on for 2 nights.
This from the man who did heavy duty mountain biking the next day, oh and log splitting.   ::)

No side effects for either of us now.

ellie

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

;D  ;D Limpy

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »

My son had his a few weeks ago and the nurse told him he will probably have a few side effects because of his age (he's in his 20's). She said older people don't normally get any except a slightly sore arm.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »

Did he get any side effects LM?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »

Slight ache in arm that night, fine next day. Nothing to complain about really. In fact I managed to forget I'd had it done until I rolled over in bed at night.

Smokey

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »

Thanks for all your replys ladies, I'll let you know how I get on, appointment this afternoon at 300pm

Dyan

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 05:27:20 PM »

Haven't had one for 3yrs so having one next Thursday. Had to cancel first one because of a cold.
I'm finding that I suffer more with a cold now I'm older and it ends up on my chest and I'm asthmatic so I should have one.
Good luck with yours smokey.

littleminnie

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »

Yes he got the side effects CG, he had it last year and felt Ill for 2/3 days. This year he said he felt bad in the evening so he went to bed, but felt better next morning.

Trey

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »

My pharmacist (chemist) said to move arm around a lot for a few minutes after the jab and no soreness at all this year.  One year I had the pneumonia shot and I swelled up a tremendous amount.

ann123

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »

I had mine in tesco today, even got club card points!

Smokey

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »

Well had it done! Really quick and I must say quite painless, and no side effects so far,So I'm glad I had it done..

Hospital appointment next Friday with my ms nurse about getting some support with regards to my fatigue,not sure what that is going to be !

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »

I'm glad you had it done Smokey - the last think you want is to be suffering flu and it's after effects which might worsen your MS symptoms. I am currently looking for the egg-free vaccine as I can't tolerate eggs and have been told it would be better not to risk the ordinary flu jab. Usually I don't bother because of the egg problem but this year I don't feel quite as healthy as other years and I reckon it will come and get me!

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2