Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evoril conti  (Read 3622 times)

ann123

Evoril conti
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »

The package insert says stop taking immediately if you develop migraines. I have just started getting migraines, so should I stop?
I also noticed on the vagifem that you shouldn't use if you have migraines!!

Hurdity

Re: Evoril conti
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »

Hi ann

The packaging for all HRT including local oestrogen gives the same warnings. I wouldn't worry about the Vagifem at all.

However Evorel conti contains the progestogen norethisterone which gives some women bad side effects including migraines. It did to me so I changed to something else.

How long have you been using it and can you link the migraine to anything else as well eg alcohol? Alcohol can give me a migraine sometimes when I have it while I am on the progesterone phase of my cycle - even the bio-identical progesterone.

Hurdity x

ann123

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »

Been on Evoril for about 18months! Started getting migraines 4weeks ago!
No idea what is triggering them, not alcohol as I haven't been drinking recently, been trying to diet!

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »

Could it be the dieting Ann.

Did you eat a lot of sweet things. Some people can get withdrawals from taking certain things out of their diet.

Just a thought.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »

Or if you are not taking in enough fluids.

Js

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »

Hi ann123

I have been having migraines and headaches for years and well before meno years my doc gave me evorel conti patches because the  oestrogen  is not absorbed in the stomach which lessens side effects  to help my migraines and have been on it for nearly 3 years now but they haven't  helped I have tried absolutely everything I have tried keeping a diary on what I ate to see if it triggered a migraine I have stopped drinking coffee, chocolate, cheese, but nothing has helped I still get them I kept a diary on when I had them and whether it was to do with the cycle even though I was not having periods I went to a neurologist had a MRI scan all clear but still get them he did say it was probably hormonal and that I would get less of them I CANT WAIT. But obviously if you are getting migraines since you have been on hrt then I would advise you get back to your doc or meno nurse and tell them as of course there is a risk maybe they can alter dosage or put you on something else. Try not to be worried but I can sympathise with anyone who suffers from headaches and migraines they are so debilitating
Js

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:43:33 PM »

ann - I wonder why they have started then? I would mention to the doctor just to check this out.

However anyone who gets headaches and mgraines - yes it is advised not to take tablet HRT but as I said the progestogen - norethisterone -itself can cause migraines and with conti you are having it all the time.

js - I would at least try to change to a different patch eg Femseven or better still oestrogen patch with separate (micronised) progesterone - Utrogestan - which is bio-identical and theoretically the least likely to cause headache problmes unless you are progesterone intolerant.

Hurdity x