Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cosmetic produres  (Read 15528 times)

Tabbycat

Cosmetic produres
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »

Has anyone had any cosmetic procedures? I don't mean plastic surgery, but non-invasive procedures - like dermal fillers and permanent makeup. I'm thinking of having my eyebrows tattooed!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cosmetic produres
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »

:D  not brave enough.  Would love to find someone to pluck rather than wax my eyebrows into shape .........  ::)

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »

Me neither.
Did anyone see Cher on Graham Norton?
She's 67 but looks 37. ???
She could hardly open her mouth,no expressions at all.
I was just looking at the same face while she was on there. ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »

It is obvious when 'stars' have had too much cosmetic intervention, Cilla had problems smiling  ::) and there was a bloke on TV in the week, can't remember name, but he had probably had surgery cos his face didn't move at all  :o

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »

Give me cracks & laughter lines any day! Shows folk have lived & are continuing to enjoy themselves.  Hate vanity for vanity's sake.  I will continue to grow old disgracefully!  ;D

Tabbycat

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »

Give me cracks & laughter lines any day! Shows folk have lived & are continuing to enjoy themselves. Hate vanity for vanity's sake.

It's a personal choice, of course, and I understand your reasons for not being interested in such treatments - but equally there are lots of women who don't like lines and wrinkles (and at our age, it's not simply about vanity) and my original post was directed at those who'd had cosmetic treatments, simply to hear their experiences.  :)

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »

I know it's a bit off topic but I have a friend who is a photographer. He did a series of photographs of an old lady who was a member of the Salvation Army. She had more lines on her face than I have ever seen before. But such character and life was in that face.
It was one of the best photos and most beautiful faces I have ever seen.

I don't think that Cuba Girl meant a anything more than a comment on the posts that had gone before about how some celebs have mask like faces. Of course I will let her answer for herself, but that is how I read it.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

I can understand: having watched that programme a few years back where people did undergo surgical intervention : how much difference it can make to a person's face, new teeth alter their smile and help protect the facial alignment; removal of baggy skin under the chin and neck .......... but I would have to be certain that there would be a substantial difference to go through the pain  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »

Wasn't having a "GO" at you Tabbycat, just merely passing comment based on previous comments, so I apologise if you thought that.

Regards your wanting to tattoo your eyebrows, have you tried having eyebrows tinted?  Many have tried to get me to do it, as I'm very fair, but I have resisted.  However, I've seen folk who have had it done & it looks good.  My son's girlfriend got a procedure done, not sure what it is,  but it's not tattooing. She used to pull her eyebrows out, until she had virtually nothing left.  She gets it redone every few weeks or so, though I believe tattooing lasts for much longer. Her eyes look much more defined now.

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »

For anyone who is thinking about Derma fillers, make sure you go to a reputable clinic preferably run by a plastic surgeon who also works fore NHS, they will usually employ nurses who have also worked for the NHS.

Never go to a high street or beauty salon.

Done properly derma fillers are one the best skin treatments you can have, they encourage and stimulate your own collagen.

I have always been interested in health and beauty, and have a diploma in skin care, to me looking good makes me feel good inside and out. I don't want to look like anyone else, I just want to be the best me I can and take care of this body and face I was born with. I can't imagine ever not looking after my skin etc.. I love essential oils and making potions, I have a diploma in aromatherapy too ::)

If anyone was to ask me personally I would tell them, other wise I think its best to keep quiet that's why they are called Beauty Secrets.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 10:36:24 AM »

Oh Silverlady I wish I could be bothered to 'look good'  :-\  ...... but I slum around in working jeans, dog walking wellies, old jumpers and change my clothes only when DH and I go for a meal and then I wear trousers  ::)  ...... I would love my eye-brows plucked professionally!

Rowan

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »

CLKD its only you stopping you doing it, just put one foot in front of the other and have them done professionally, and once you have done that

book in for an Aromatherapy Massage or an Indian Head Massage, I promise you will never look back :-*

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »

HB understand what you were trying to portray, beauty of the spirit that shines through at any age and can be illusive.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 12:38:03 PM »

I won a massage about 10 years ago  ::) on a Raffle ........ really enjoyed it  ;)

Rowan

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »

CLKD If you enjoyed, why not book another one, if there is a college near you there might be girls doing their NVQs in Holistic Therapies, they  are always looking for clients for case studies, we almost hauled them off the streets ;D,  they also do lots of beauty and therapy treatments for reduced prices.

HB  had to  finish my post quickly before I had finished (now I have forgotten what I what else I was going to say ::)) as OH was yelling up the stairs, he wanted to go to TESCO , he is in a bit of a sulk now as what he wanted to buy is not in the sale today, I did tell him last week.

Sorry entirely off topic post again ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:52:57 PM by silverlady »
Pages: [1] 2