Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hiya!!  (Read 7099 times)

SueM

Hiya!!
« on: October 31, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

Hiya!
Dont know if anyone would remember me lots of familiar names though...I was here about 2 years ago as I thought I was Menopausal but then all my symptons just disappeared so I never came back if that makes sense, went to log back in but couldnt remember any of my login details so Ive had to reregister  :-\

Anyways, Im 50.....definitely a woman of "a certain age" as my mothers says and Im so glad I remembered this place existed.

Catch up soon
Sue xx

Ju Ju

Re: Hiya!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »

Good morning! And welcome back! Sleepless like me?  :o

SueM

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

Good morning! And welcome back! Sleepless like me?  :o

Thanks for your reply. Ive been off for almost 2 weeks now with the period from hell, first one since the last period from hell back in January so Id slept all day and wide awake at silly o'clock  :)

Sue xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

Let's hope for a good night's sleep!

SueM

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »

Well Ive managed not to nap today so heres hoping  ::)

Sue xx

bev567901

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »

Sue what where your symptoms & did they just go without any meds or have you got any advice? I am 50 too wished I had stayed 49 as it was only a month of being 50 when IT all started. I was up with you too last night, Lets hope we all have a better night tonight :) Bev

SueM

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »

Hi Bev!

Just disappeared although I wasnt having regular periods then in the past what 12 months all come back and Im having 8/9 month gaps inbetween bleeds which as you can imagine are knocking me off my feet....

Im taking Tranexamaic Acid 500mg for the clotting and ibroprofen for the pain but the feeling of being so washed out made it impossible for me to go into work my dr signed me off  :(

Sue xx

bev567901

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Oh dear!! sounds dreadful. Does the T'acid work? I was given that a few yrs ago pre all this meno lark & I read the side effects & it scared me.   Do you have any other bad meno symptoms?  My worst one is nausea like in pregnancy which makes me anxious. Do you take iron supplements? It must be like the worst day of your period for weeks on end, quite horrible, Bev x

SueM

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 02:28:56 AM »

Hi Bev!
The Tranexamic works to a degree but although it cuts the clots down a bit not as much as I would like (sorry so graphic) and it does seem to make me bleed longer ( 13 days and still have a trickle) so I dont know if its doing it job 100%.
My periods just come from nowhere as they are so infrequent this current one is my 1st since January and Ive just not been able to function or leave the house really. Luckily my employers are great and its down on my file in HR that I am Menopausal......

I do have the hot flushes though but I just take them in my stride as I dont want to take too many pills and the night sweats now and again and as you can see from the time of my post the flaming insomnia that comes with it too  >:(

Sue xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »

HI Sue
welcome back xxxxxxxxxx :D

bev567901

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 06:35:06 AM »

Sue I am glad your employers are so good about it. Its such a taboo/make fun situation. There is nothing worse than someone saying are you due your periopd/menopause if you are having a genuine moan about something & no hormones are present.  You must feel dreadful as if your body is having a laugh saying well you haven't had one since January so here is the lot! 
To be honest you represent what I thought meno would be like, flooding, infrequent & hot sweats. I am finding it so different to you,  but to see that you too cannot function whilst this is going on either makes me so sad. I hope that you get to read this much later & you are back asleep now, fingers crossed. Bev x

SueM

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

Morning Bev!
I did and Im not long out of my bed....

I just feel so washed out when my period gets here and I sit on a checkout so although my employees are very good Im too concious to keep asking for the loo  :-\ its not only that I dont drive and work is half an hour away by bus with a 15 mins walk inbetween nothing worse than walking down the road and (sorry if Im too graphic girls) you can feel the blood pouring out of you  :(

I am seperated with 2 grown up children who still live at home and the children are great as is the ex (we get on better now) when Im like this as they know Im next to useless sometimes.

Sue xx

bev567901

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »

Glad you got a lie in sort of. Working sitting down must be a nightmare. I wouldn't want to get up just in case.
I used to have flooding when I was quite young. I have so many stories of actually leaking out & not realising it. I remember when I was about 19 going on the train to visit my friend at uni. On the way home I had to walk from one side of Manchester to the other to get a different train line home & I was getting all these admirers looking at me or so I thought thinking I was so fab, turns out I had literally leaked loads. Didn't feel the wet or anything until I sat down on the train for home. I would have bad pains with that now but at the time I felt no pain.
I was once in the position with my idol Mick Hucknall & a pair of white jeans, things could have turned out very differently that day. There I was aged 30 realising a long time dream, went to the toilet & saw the tiniest bit of blood on my trousers. Panicked, took my beautiful scarf off that my sister had given me from India to use as a cloth & the blummin dye came out of it so instead of a spec I now had a wet crotch & blue/pink/yellow vividness. End of that day!   See blummin menstration changes your life unless you happen to have a very dishy gynae doc who falls in love with you  ;D
Anyway, do you wear black trousers to work? Its horrid when you feel a gush & there is so much it doesn't absorb but goes elsewhere. Some of my periods recently have been akin to miscarriage.  Hope you have a better day today xx

SueM

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »

Hi Bev!
I do wear black trousers but Im very concious of smelling..................see Im ok whilst Im sat down but if I have to stand up to pack (I work in well know supermarket) it just goes......when I was bad back in Feb I had to get off till so many times in the end they let me go home as I said I couldnt sit in the blood on my clothes anymore  :'(

I dont drive so had to take a bus home as they dont pay for taxis and I couldnt afford one........they then realised how bad I was and when I went back in a week later couldnt apologise enough for not sending me home sooner.

You just get fed up with sitting on a towel so you dont leak on furniture or sleeping on a towel so you dont flood the bed.
Im gonna say it.......men have it fairly easy  ;D

Sue xx

bev567901

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

I am sure you don't smell if you manage to bathe every day but I do know what you mean on that score. Your employers sound absolutely wonderful though they must think a lot of you which says a lot. So are you orange, blue or green? & can't remember what Morrisons is cos I never go there even though a close friend works on the till & I've seen her in her uniform lots (meno brain) xx
Pages: [1] 2