Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HAEMHORRHOIDS  (Read 5187 times)

Cassie

HAEMHORRHOIDS
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »

Excuse the spelling? Terrible name lol, any idea what the symptoms are. I had bleeding piles over 20 years ago but am now experiencing quite a lot of constipation and itching in the lower anal area with a bit of discomfort as well,  sorry to be graphic, this is usually on and just after passing a stool, just wondering, if they could be rearing their ugly heads again.

donnarob

Re: HAEMHORRHOIDS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »

Hi there, I am suffering at certain times of the month and I blame hormones!

andius

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »

My doctor told me to try taking Magnesium Citrate capsules.  I have done that and it seems to make me more regular and "go" easier without the straining.  You will know if you take too much as you will be going alot and it is too liquidy (sorry if too much info!). Maybe you could try that....I think you might be able to get it without a prescription.

Ask your doctor if they would help!

Also I find the moist wipes very helpful....look for the kind that are flushable if you are interested in trying these.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »

I get a lot of pain when mine flair. I have had this off and on since my youngest was born nearly 19 years ago.
I also have IBS but not the constipated kind and one is as bad as the other.

You can get lots of different preparations so I would advise treating now before it gets worse. Drink plenty of water if you are constipated and increase your fiber intake.

If all you have is itching then treat soon.

Honeyb
X

Lucky Stone

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »

Said a "sad hello" to mine yesterday  >:( just about the worst pain you can have when they flare up. A small bag of peas wrapped in something soft on the affected area is good for shrinking them, also try witch hazel on a cotton wool ball. I do use cream as well but the type they sell now seems to have less of the numbing stuff in it than used to be the case, probably some daft EU directive telling them it had to be changed  :-\ Oh, and if you can raise your feet while you are "on the loo" (maybe on a little box or stool  :-X no not THAT kind of stool) that also helps you to go more easily.

You can tell that the pain of mine in the past has driven me to Google!!!  :)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »

I get from time to time.  Usually have some idea they are lurking as I get a tingling sensation - no, please don't laugh.   ;D I used to think they were caused by constipation, but as I seldom have this problem, I couldn't figure it out. But they can also be caused by the runs.  As I suffer with lactose intolerance, the latter is usually what brings mine on.  So watching my diet definitely helps in my case. 

Evenstar

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »

Have suffered on and off with them for years :(  Best thing to do is eat plenty of fibre, moist wipes are a godsend and I use one of those child steps to raise my legs, that really helps too.
 Yep I've had to have a google before now too ;D

lily

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »

Me too, miserable when bad  :(  I use wipes sometimes, but find using dermol moisturiser on loo roll to wipe with is better and I use Anusol cream.

anderina

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

haven,t got piles but terrible itching!
Could it be related to va?
I have used anusol etc but no relief (but I wouldn't if I haven't got piles )  ;)
Any advice anyone

xxx

Rose

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »

I am constipated as I use strong pain relief and also have IBS. I have posted this before but the only thing that helped is to take Actilax which softens the stools but doesn't hurt the stomach. I take it at night. I also have anal itching, anderina but doc has ruled everything except VA out.

lily

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »

Hydrocortisone cream may help the itching if no piles?

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 01:39:40 AM »

Try Sudocrem, good for nappy rash and very effective on my behind!  :bounci:

anderina

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »

never thought about sudocrem
bet my little grandson will have some spare!!!
will try before i buy   :)
xx