Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Low temperature - should I be worried?  (Read 10006 times)

Joyce

Low temperature - should I be worried?
« on: October 07, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

Think I'm turning into a hypochondriac.  Feel like I have start of a cold coming on. Still feeling chills etc from before. Blood tests I've been told are all fine. However, been struggling to get warm, despite mild outdoor temperatures. This morning my temp was only 35° I'm usually around 36.8 or so. Sitting here wrapped up in big fleece. I'm so fed up feeling cold/knackered. I went for a walk to see if that helped & got it up to 35.8, but it's dropped to 35.6 now. Never thought of checking my temp before now. What the heck is my body trying to tell me?

Sorry, always seem to be moaning about something or other.

honeybun

Re: Low temperature - should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

Don't know why this would happen. I do know it can be a sign of thyroid problems but that's about it. I don't know what mine is as I don't have a thermometer. What made you decide to take it ?

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »

Feeling so cold and nobody else was really. I actually was thinking it might be high as I'd been coughing a lot. Worried in case it was start of chest infection. Even changed battery in thermometer thinking it was faulty. I sound daft don't I? Just wondering if 35/35.5 is still considered normal. Even considered phoning daughter but doubt she'd be much help really, even though she's a nurse.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »

Don't worry CG - mine is always around 35.5. If it raises to normal then I have a temperature.

I wonder if you are starting a kidney infection? I felt cold and shivery like you for weeks before anything really happened. It was just a feeling that something was about to start - under par. I have read up loads since starting with mine and it's incredible how many people get no urinary warning signs at all which means the bug can take a real hold before you get ill enough to really investigate.

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »

Brrrr from another Coldie  :(

Mine is never normal and I do have underactive thyroid.

Know how you feel, seem to spend a lot of time moaning about illness these days  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »

I take a Beta blocker in the morning and one of the side effects is to feel cold which I do. I also feel the cold more if I am tired or coming down with something.

I think we do focus a lot on our health at this age because up until now we have been mostly well. Everything seems to come at once and it is a worrying time. We have spoken about health anxiety in the past and there are many of us who have had it.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »

I've certainly got it now after the last four weeks!!  :-\

Taz x  :crutch:

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »

Not really surprising Taz as you have really been going through it.

The mind is willing but the body is week....very true in my case.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »

Onwards and upwards! I just know that tomorrow the infection will still be there and then I wonder what they will do? I am not a very patient patient  ;D

Taz

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »

I was never a hot bod, not sure if anyone ever thought I had one.  ;D But that's digressing. Always under 37° unless really ill, then it would rocket. Just was a bit surprised to find it lower than what's normal for me.  It's just one thing after another at our age isn't it. Hate knowing I'm not 100% and not knowing why.

I'm amazed you're still coping at work Taz with everything that's hit you of late. Are you feeling any better?

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »

Last night I began to feel better - more energy and the fog had lifted. Today the symptoms are slowly returning like last time I stopped the antibiotic. I had the last one on Friday - it should have been Saturday but there was the tummy bug that got in the way of that (if it was a tummy bug - who knows!) and now I am feeling not so great again. Will have to wait and see what the doc has to offer tomorrow if my sample tests positive again. Sigh.

I haven't been in to work today due to the tummy bug - 48 hours clear before you can go into school - so I have had an easy day today. I know I am not working to my full potential though and I am getting annoyed that I can't beat this thing!!

Taz x  :sigh:

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:55:38 PM »

If I can be so bold, shoot me if you like. Would it not be better getting sick line for say a week and keeping away from all the bugs which start flying around schools at this time of year. I know you don't want to let work down, but at the end of the day your health must come first. You won't be any use to them if you're not firing on all cylinders.  :hug:

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »

I wont shoot you down CG. I had a week off at the beginning and have followed the docs advice. She said that short of shutting myself away from the world I couldn't really avoid bugs and such. She seemed reluctant to give me a fit note after the initial seven days and I must say I was feeling better by then anyway. It has been a process of ups and downs. I have been resting while at home. Just going to work coming home and sitting on the sofa through tedious TV and then off to bed. I am usually out five nights of the week. It is four weeks two days since I have been out socially! Yikes! I will take root soon.  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »

My feet often feel cold to me but DH tells me they are 'normal'  ::)  .......... I think it is Reynaud's syndrome can cause a feeling of continually being cold ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »

If you are worried tomorrow why not give your Pharmacy a ring and speak to someone?  I am sure that temps like everything else vary around the 'within normal limits' area.
Pages: [1] 2 3