Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston low dose - fed up with it  (Read 3149 times)

sweatybet

Femoston low dose - fed up with it
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

Into my third month and have been suffering constant abdominal pain and bloating.  I was given it to combat the pain I suffer during intercourse, not helped feel sore around vaginal entrance, still having to pee 2 sometimes 3 times a night.

Seeing gp next week to review treatment, will not renew my prescription.

Hoping symptoms will resolve when I finish the month.

Sweatybet

Cazikins

Re: Femoston low dose - fed up with it
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »

I was on it for 1 month, then I had a bleed that went on for nearly 4 weeks so stopped taking it. Giving things a go at being off HRT for a bit to see how bad things get. So far hot flushes are doing my head in.

I hope you get things sorted sweatybet.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »

Have you tried Vagifem. If you have early VA then this could just be enough to help.

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »

Hi sweatybet

Sorry I don't know your background re meno and HRT but the side effects could well be due to the continuous progestogen - maybe this doesn't agree with you?

Although it is the closest of the synthetic progestogens to our own progesterone, some women still do not thrive on taking this continuously so maybe so in your case?

I find I need to pee more when on the progesterone part of HRT. It also can cause bloating. The oestrogen is likely to be doing you good though. I had abdominal/pelvic pain when I came off HRT!

The alternative is to try the bio-identical one (Utrogestan) or try a cycle for a while to see if you feel generally better on the oestrogen part?

Also maybe taking it orally doesn't agree with you either? Have you thought of patches?

I agree with honeybun - Vagifem or one of the other vaginal oestrogens will help this sensitive area and the bladder too, to a certain extent, whether or not you are on full HRT.

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

sweatybet

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »

Hi Hurdity & Honeybun

I was advised to try full HRT for what the private consultant I saw diagnosed as va. even though my only symptom had been pain during penetration which I have experienced since my 30's. I have tried vagifem and suffered nausea, abdominal pain and constant headache.  Allergic to patches.  Never got on with the pill and the mirena coil nearly drove me to seek psychiatric help.  I just don't think me and manufactured hormones go together.

Oh well at least my libido might come back when I stop taking the pills! I hope!

Best wishes Sweatybet