Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: constant headaches  (Read 3089 times)

pixigirl

constant headaches
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »

Hi Ladies, I have taken myself off hrt and now suffer with constant headaches. Has anyone else suffered from this and if so does anyone have any remidies or suggest tablets that actualy work? They are really getting me down and do affect my day to day life.I am 56 and came of hrt as have been on it for nearly 8 years.

Taz2

Re: constant headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:26:41 AM »

Hi pixigirl - have you had the headaches investigated? It could be coincidence that they have started now that you are off HRT?

Taz x

pixigirl

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:44:33 AM »

hi Taz, no not been to doc, seems to be a bit pathetic to waste his time saying i have headaches, maybe im being daft.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

I don't think it is a waste of time. You need to find out what's causing them. Keep a diary so you might be able to find a trigger. Do you have any  neck problems? Neck wear and tear is well known for giving horrible headaches without any pain in the neck itself. Also, you can get headaches from the tablets you are taking to actually cure them! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19622016

Taz

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »

Are you hydrated?  Headaches can be caused by sleeping for too long or not drinking enough.