Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: vagifem 25mg dose and breast pain  (Read 3846 times)

dianaswr

vagifem 25mg dose and breast pain
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »

Morning ladies

I finally succumbed and started with the vagifem on Sunday - I had a few packs that the consultant gave me of 25mg dose that I as you know did not use - the results were immediate but my worry is that its only supposed to work on the vaginal tissues but now I have breast aches (similar to when I used to have periods) and enlargement - same as pre period - what should I do? Stop the vagifem ? Ask for a lower dose? I was enjoying the lack of breast cysts and regular visits to the breast clinic and now 4 days into vagifem I feel thats is going to happen again.

Is breast aches normal - was I so dried out that the estridail zipped up into the blood stream and went elsewhere?

D :-\

Lynne888

Re: vagifem 25mg dose and breast pain
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »

As you have probably read on here, the 25's are no longer available here in the UK.  When I had 25's I spoke to a doctor on *just answers* and he suggested that I only use one a week as it was the same (more or less) as having 2 10's a week. I'm not sure it would have had the same effect! Anyway, my GP then gave me 10's as the 25's were discontinued. I've never had any side effects so I'm no help on that front. Could it be a coincidence that you have breast tenderness?  The only thing you can do it speak to your GP. Can you call and speak to someone? It might put your mind at rest. There is no way the vagifem would have seeped into your blood stream - certainly since Sunday!

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:44:15 AM »

It is possible that the  Vagifem has gone systemic  the mucous membranes are a very good way of delivering drugs

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/03639045.2011.623355 

It is a very popular and quick method of delivery on the Continent especially for headaches, my Pharmacist (ASDA) said he could make up any drug as a suppository but in the UK it is not popular.

On the Hystersisters forum some ladies have reported the same effect as you have dianaswr.

It is probably as has been said that Vagifem 25 is too strong for you and also probably why you can only get supposedly only  the 10s now.

Hormones are very powerful even in minute doses.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »

Cystic breast disease is listed under the "prescribe with caution" advice so I think a lower dose would be more suitable.

Taz

dianaswr

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »

Thanks ladies,

I called my breast surgeon and he suggested that I try the 10mg dose - so I have the prescription now for that - and will start using it immediately - he agreed that it was vagifem as I am very sensitive to estrogen surges in the breast tissue - so will keep you posted - the other suggestion from the menopause consultant was Hyalofemme gel - so will use that after my 14 days on 10mg as the alternate option.
Thanks for listening and the advice

Diane :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »

Glad you got it sorted maybe Vagifem wont be a good thing for you
Up to last year Vagifem only came in one dose 25m x 14 then 2x7
Here in Ozz they still have 25m they have never heard of 10m as yet and over a year in to 10m in UK
No notification to GPs I asked mine nor Chemists
So either Ozzie women arent worth bothering about or its as Ive said time and again its all a con
We baby boomers are a cash cow or Vagifem manafacturers and with the lowering of the dose due to they say safety Theyve let the door open to law suits if it harms people