Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anything I can do to delay a period for a holiday? Just starting meno....  (Read 3433 times)

nannydawm

Ok, I know this is premature to ask but.... I am presuming I have started the whole menopause 'cycle', I've been a bit irregular, had a few 'hotties' and now didn't have a period for going on 4 months and now I am on day 13 of my period and it isn't getting any lighter...

Thinking ahead to December (if the same pattern happens again) and I am on a 'holiday of a lifetime' to the Carribean, can I take anything to delay my period, if it hasn't arrived???

I have taken tablets in the past (can't think of the name, sorry) as I've been sterilized for years, but would they just mess my body up even more?  Thanks for all replies or advice!!

English Rose

Hi nannydawn

I don't know your age or your general health status, but it might be worth asking your GP if you could go on the contraceptive pill for a short while.

If you took HRT you would need the sequential one as you've had a period recently, (i.e. the one that gives a withdrawal bleed every four weeks), so depending on timing you could take that and make sure you were on the first part of the cycle (ie oestrogen) during your holiday??

Other than that - not sure - might be worth talking to your GP?

All the best and have a great hol when December arrives, ER x

nannydawm

Thanks ER, I am 51 and in good health (fingers crossed). 

That sounds like an idea, think I will leave it till October (see what pans out with my periods and then at least I can go to him with over a years history) and that also gives plenty of time to look at options.

Cheers!!

Anna

Hi Nannydawn

Don't know if this is helpful but I've just been prescribed Norethisterone for the same reason. 
I've read both positive and negative comments about it and when to start it will be slight guess work as periods are irregular but def don't want period on holiday so will give it a go.

Hope you get something to suit
Anna