Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question about rotating the site of patch application  (Read 2079 times)

Badga

Question about rotating the site of patch application
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:09:20 AM »

Hi all

I note in the patient info leaflets for Conti and Estradot that I should "...not apply a new patch to that same area for at least one week."

The only site of my body where the damned things stick, is the very top of my thigh at the front.  So, as my change days are Monday pm and Friday am, I have been alternating between legs on these days.  However, I am now concerned that the indication "....for at least one week" might mean one week from its removal?  So, if I take my Monday patch off my left leg on Friday, I should not apply one to the same area until at least the next Friday? 

I am afraid that the instructions are also not that clear as to what exactly constitutes an 'area'.  Does this mean the same spot exactly, an area of 6 inches, the whole of the front of the thigh, the whole of the leg, what exactly?

As I wear tight sports clothing nearly every day (padded lycra cylcle shorts, that I sweat a lot in), I cannot find anywhere else where the will stay stuck to.

honeybun

Re: Question about rotating the site of patch application
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:34 AM »

I use Evoril and stick it high up on my thigh. I just make sure that I change the position and leg every time.
I think you will be fine with what you are doing , just use a slightly different area each time..

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:41:19 AM »

I second what HB says. Just move site slightly each time & you should be fine.

ann123

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:49:40 AM »

Yes I do same as honeybun

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 12:58:13 PM »

I put mine on tummy out near hip bone, left side one week, then right side next week, its the only place they stick really well, tried my bottom with first lot, but they just fell off, lots of wrinkles there so not surprised ;D ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »

I think it's to do with potential irritation from the adhesive (ie the requirement to change patch location) Also if you don't remove the adhesive/marks vigorously (as I don't) then I imagine you may not get the same contact with the skin if you try to stick in the same place (in case some residue remains) and therefore less hormone will get through - this may be rubbish though!

There was a paper on this ie how hormones were absorbed via different methods but can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

Hurdity x

Badga

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »

Thanks guy
Btw - I have found the best thing for removing the residue to be surgical spirit (baby oil, as recommended, is rubbish)