Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help for Chick Ladies new low dose vagi how many have probs  (Read 5186 times)

Suzi Q

Help for Chick Ladies new low dose vagi how many have probs
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »

THis is for Chick hoiw many of you are having problems with low dose Vagifem
With or with out HRT and can you say if your on HRT as well
Love and Hugs Suzi Q

LindaMiles

Re: Help for Chick Ladies new low dose vagi how many have probs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

Hi Suzi Q

Thanks for your reply made me chuckle  ;D I am not on HRT just vagifem  topically as all wretched symptoms seemed like Thrush etc but initially it worked on the 10 x 2 for 14 days but after reading on here a lot of the ladies are having problems to the lower dose seeing GP at 5pm today so hopefully she will up my dose its like going into the best clothes shop ever and you only have £10.00 to spend :'(

Experienced for a short while of what life could be with no dryness and enjoying SEX again but back to this again  :'( really appreciate your help, you seem to help so many of us suffer's of VA

Thanks

ann123

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »

I am ok on it, but also on HRT patches  :)

LindaMiles

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »

up date

visited my GP and she has instructed that i take 2 x 10mg for a week then to take 2mcg x 3 days hopefully this will help and put me back on the right path, she has also prescribed me sylks and instructed me to go back onto my nightly taking of a antibiotic for frequent urine infections but to reduce it from 100mg to 50mg which i happy to try, but was worried it was over stimulating my bladder lets see.

so will see how this dosage goes, she was concerned too high a dose can increase the chances of uterine cancer's  :o but will see if I need 4 days instead of 3 but she also advised that use vagifem at night and use moisturiser in the morning.

so here goes again  :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »

Millions of women world wide will be sujing Vagifem makers then
Untill last year only one dose 25m x2 with GP saying iof you need a extra one now and again go for it
OVERNIGHT went to 10m x 2 for 14 days huge drop in starting does and maintaing dose of 2x 10m
So many ladies cant cope with the lower dose newer ladies to Vagifem have no clue this time last year 25mx2
Take the 3x7 after the 14or21day start up dose see how that goes Sylk becareful dont use it the day after Vagifem insertion the mix isnt good MY GP is all for it if your not using nternal HRT creams or pressaries
In my case he was right the pain was horrific but as I say and Vagifem non maker sites will tell you
It can take up to 6 months to work 100% I have a saying in Fb 2010 cold have kilumed myself easily pain!!!!!!
UNbearable by August I was making love in London Paris Venice AND Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEx not even any slight pain on entry nothing  no feeling after of having had sex for ages so a sore feeling
GTake the antis driknk loads olf Barfley water and heyyyyyyyy
I need to take my own advice water like straw clear as a bell no smell but feel like cystitis not drinikng enough

LindaMiles

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

Hi Suzi Q
Thanks for your reply it was appreciated can I clarify with you that I should try doing the 2 weeks of 2 x 10mg nightly, and then 7 days of 3 x 10mg nightly? and then follow maintenance of 3/4 days of 2 x 10mg.

The sylk I will not do as suggested by GP using it in the mornings but do you know if replens can be used as well as vagifem?

Just want to be like it was before the dryness started, now when I look back it had started this time last year on and off also I suffered when I was breast feeding but no suggestions from GP what possibly could of been happening.

I did speak to a lovely elderly nurse the other day she advised don't look at this time as being a bad time its all to do with your life moving forward which makes sense but it can be hard when your experiencing symptoms.

Thanks again ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 03:16:49 PM »

Hi chick

Suzi lives on the other side of the world so may not reply for a while so just to say you would not use 3 x 10 mcg nightly following the loading dose of 2 x 10 mcg nightly for a fortnight as this would be an increase in dose.

If your doc has advised doubling up ie 2 x 10 mcg then this should be done for a fortnight since the loading up is always done for a fortnight. Usually you will then drop to twice a week following the loading period (ie in your case 2 x 10mcg twice a week). I think what Suzi is suggesting is that you then initially drop to this dose 3 times a week rather than twice, if you have severe atrophy. Ideally you would want to reduce to twice a week for most of the time ( unless as Suzi says the atrophy/soreness comes back) so that it doesn't interfere with other activities  ;) - so if twice a week is insufficient maybe consider full HRT as well?

There is no contra-indication to using non-hormonal treatments such as Sylk or Replens with Vagifem, according to the product information, so it should be OK as far as I can see, but clearly some women with sensitive tissues may react adversely - eg maybe it could irritate especially before the atrophy is sorted?

Have you actually had urine infections - re your continuous anti-biotics? Hopefully these will be eliminated once your atrophy is under control and you can come off them.

Hurdity x

LindaMiles

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the confusion was not sure if she meant 3x a week which is what my GP prescribed so after the fortnightly start will then do the 3 days as prescribed. 
Since Friday doing 2x 10mg I have had an improvement which is great said to my partner today it's nice to know that area of my body is not there as such  :) especially as we are both off from work, I found that the hardest to cope with suffering and working thought I was going out of my mind till I found this amazing site.  :)

I have used the replens the day after the vagifem and that is working better.
The urine infections I did suffer a lot with before menopause symptoms kicked in so was put on antibiotic so prevent them, have tried numerous times to wean my body off but no joy, so hopefully this will help have reduced the amount of antibiotic from 100mg to 50mg doctor said possibly could be irritating my bladder making it over active so will continue until I feel I can come off again.

So happy compared to 6 weeks ago, even suggested to my sister she tries this site as she is experiencing similar symptoms :thankyou: 

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »

AHHH I didnt get it you were putting in 2x10 at the same time for 14 days right?
Then 1 x 3times a week 1 every second or 3rd night yes?
Glad your feeling better why would you need Sylk or Replens?
The Vagifem will give you all the mositness you need just be patient
IM not a big beleiver in mixnmatch maybe the mixing is causing the irritable bladder and infections
If the Vagifem after say 3 mnths isnt making sex easier maybe you need HRT in some form
You will never be as wet as you were thats why its called the CHANGE
PLease be patient Vagifem and HRT doesnt work overnight I know its crap and you feel horrid
But your already seeing an improvement so be happy take time to be chuffed and thank god for meno matters I do with out this site well I dread to think IT was CKD@TAZ that nagged and nagged me every day to go see about Atrophy I thought theyd come and find me I went
To me it was a Lifesaver and as I had severe atrophy I delved reserached and am pretty clued up on all sorts of Atrophy down in the fanny area plus infections that can occur
Just be like me thrilled to bits Vagifems worked and take it easy OK xxxxxxxxxxxx