Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Constant UTI'S?  (Read 3649 times)

k9love

Constant UTI'S?
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:34:20 PM »

Anyone else get constant UTI'S?
Just been back to doc yet again and theres blood and red and white cells in my urine :'( they are sending a sample off to see what grows from it.

Bit worried now, any idea if its meno problem?

Thanks.

Taz2

Re: Constant UTI'S?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:50:56 PM »

Hi - it's usually the first sign of vaginal dryness or atrophy. The term "dryness" is a bit of a misnomer as quite often lubrication is still ok but the tissues lining the urethra and the bladder have become thin and fragile. You will find that something such as Vagifem, which is a low dose of oestrogen which comes in vaginal pessary form, works really well. Once your sample has been assessed then it would be worth discussing this with your doctor.  I ended up on a continuous low dose antibiotic for my repeated infections and blood and white cells in my urine before finding out for myself about vaginal atrophy. Once on vagifem I had no more problems. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womens-health/medicines/vagifem.html There is also another product in cream form. Both of these are prescription only.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »

Yep - I was getting what I thought were ITIs, except that urine samples came back clear.
What helped me was Gynest cream which helped plump things up generally down there and reduce discomfort on peeing greatly

Tingly

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:50:20 PM »

Hi there
I too had this on and off-also a couple of years ago i kind of felt 'heavy" down there..as though my organs were coming out :-*
But as the other ladies have said, yes, this, together with utis ended up signalling the beginning of vaginl atrophy.
Apparantly your vagina and also your water work plumbing is made of the same sort of material, so if one bit goes dry and non stretchy, o does the other bits eventually
Nothing to worry about if you get it treated quickly....i cold have saved myself a lot of pain if i had known a couple of years ago
Xxxxx

k9love

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »

Thanks all, thats put my mind at rest a bit. just couldnt figure out what this heavy feeling was down below ??? just have to wait for urine results now ??? I hate this getting old lark!

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:49:19 AM »

Me tooooooo dont worry see your not bIlly no mates xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »

See my thread about my bladder and SuziQ's 'articles'

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »

I didn't realise you had a heavy feeling. Mine was due to mild prolapse so you may want to check on this if it remains a problem.

Taz x