Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: dry, cracked lips  (Read 10830 times)

pj44

dry, cracked lips
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else has had this and if so what helped them.
Everything about me is dry  ;D but even though I wear lip balm on my lips whenever I am out as I suffer with cold sores if my lips are not protected.  I'm finding my lips are now extra dry and they feel so sore. This has started happening since my periods have stopped 3 months and counting.  I brought a lip balm that had sp factor 30 in it yesterday thinking that might help but then happened to look at myself in the mirror and my lips were white not that good a look.  I do used burt's bees lip balm though i brought the one with pomegranate oil this time and i think its not half as good as the original burt's bees. 

Weejeannie

Re: dry, cracked lips
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:39:49 PM »

I use the little lip saver tins of vaseline. I always used to get hacks in the corners of my mouth and this was the only thing that fixed it.
It did put loads on before going to bed, and I mean rubbing it right in to all the creases, not a good look, but effective.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »

I know this sounds daft but could you be sensitive to the lip balm? Peri meno is a time when allergies can appear. It's worth bearing in mind. Maybe leave it off for a day or so and see what happens?

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »

My daughter had constant hacks in the corner of her mouth. It can be caused by anaemia or a thrush infection. Hers was thrush and that was the only way it showed.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Cold sores are totally different from 'cracked lip' syndrome.  Herpes virus.  Important that you get the 'right' treatment and avoid oral sex.

I have dry lips and use a Vaseline-type 'lipstick' regularly.  That is, every half hour initially so I carry one with me.  Making sure that the corners of the lips are treated is important, as I dribble anyway  ::) - due to lack of oestrogen  :(

lily

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »

My lips are frequently dry and sore too, despite using vaseline every day - another symptom of depleting hormones no doubt.  Although, I am aware that I tend to chew mine a bit when puzzling over something.  Blistex is a good alternative to vaseline, it is medicated and feels like it is healing them - until the next time.....