Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT question  (Read 2273 times)

angie mac

HRT question
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »

Hi I'm new to this site but it's already incredibly helpful just embarked on Elleste duet combi 2mg 2 - 3 weeks ago. have had a quite heavy period for 5 days now and feel generally a bit low and anxious. Do people think this is just early days and it will get better? GP advises keep going for a couple of months at least

chattygal

Re: HRT question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »

I was given Elleste duet to try about a year ago and I too had a lot of bleeding.I also had some discharge from my nipples which was investigated and I was told it was nothing to worry about.I thought the combination of side effects was unacceptable so I asked to go back to Prempak-C which does give a monthly bleed but at least you know when it's coming.I'm now trying Premique low dose which causes a slight bleed for a couple of days but has not stopped the night sweats and flushes so I'll give it a go for a couple of months and ask to try something else if they don't stop. There are lots of options out there and if we can find the one that suits us best it will be worth all the hassle I'm sure