Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2446 times)

Lonestar

« on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »

:)

Hi, 
I'm a new member and have just got around to having a look at this site.  I had a total hysterectomy at the beginning of June.  I have been prescribed by the doctors to take Elleste Solo 2 mg tablets because I had my ovaries removed and that the menopause would start early.  I am still finding that I am having hot flushes but I am not sure if this due to the weather or that the tablets haven't quite started working for me yet. Also I am finding that I tend to be a bit forgetful - I am not sure if this is due to me not being at my work and not using my brain or it is due to the menopause.  I am also having problems in having a good night sleep, again I am not sure if it is due to the warm weather (I know I shouldn't complain about the weather!) or is it down to me having changes in my life.  Not having a good night sleep is making me feel tired all the time.  I am not sure if I should try taking vitamins along with the tablets I have been prescribed or does anyone have any suggestions about a good diet of some kind that I could follow as possibly I am not eating the right kind of foods. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Elena

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »

Hello and Welcome :)

As you rightly say, it is difficult to guauge  whether your probs are meno-related or otherwise at the moment.  When you start getting hot flushes  mid-winter you'll have more of a clue ::)

You dont say how old you are or whether you intend to return to work at some point.

I'm not on any kind of oral HRT atm, just Vagifem (though according to my very young GP the risks are just the same >:()

I'm sure somebody will be along soon to give you some more helpful advice about the Elleste.  Meanwhile, it's always a good idea to follow a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.  Fresh fruit and veg are the obvious ones then enough calcium, protein and not too much carbs.  What is your diet like?  As it is the soft fruit season I am making lots of lovely smoothies with yoghurt atm.  Makes sure I get my five a day.  Not so easy in winter though I do buy the frozen packs of fruit from Tesco and use them instead.  Salad time and also I love celery. I've wittered on a bit now.  lol

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »

Can't help I'm afraid but just wanted to say hi and welcome xxxx

Lonestar

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »

Hello Milliemoo and Evenstar :)

I am afraid I am on the wrong of 49 years old and will be the big 50 in about six months time.  One thing that I do do is drink plenty of water as when my problems started early in the year that was one of my downfalls in not drinking enough water. I usually have a mug or glass that holds about half a litre of water that I use during the day so I know that I am drinking plenty.  I will be going back to work in a couple of weeks time so hopefully I will be able to monitor my hot flushes better then. 

I know that I don't eat enough fruit and veg during the day and I am quite good with the calcuim as well. But the protein and the carbs are out of the window with regards to my diet!  Your idea with the smoothies during the summer and the idea of the frozen packs of fruit during the winter is also a good idea.  I've also thought about having kale and spinach in my diet as I know that they are meant to be good for you.  I think I will have to sit down and write down what I normally eat which isn't really healthy at the best of times  :( and swap things for a more healthy diet.

Thanks for your help and I will have a good look through the other pages of this website and see what other help I can get. 
 :) :) :)

Barney

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »

Hi.
I was wondering if any one has suffered with what my consultant calls parathesia . I have had an awful time since i was mis diagnosed with cancer some 20 months ago and then told i had been put on the wrong hrt tablet . I am at present on a 2 mg fermstone hrt tablet plus a implant but still have awful hot and cold flushes plus this awful parathesia . I am wondering if i may be on the wrong tablet. Any ideas would be very helpful as i am at my wits end as to what is wrong with me.

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »

Hi Barney, I'm afraid I can't help but I'd post this as a new topic where you will get more chance of replies.
 :welcomemm: