Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Air con  (Read 7512 times)

bramble

Air con
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »

Heard a programme on the radio last week about domestic air con. Not something that I had ever thought of before but as my conservatory is too hot in the summer to use (despite facing north) and too cold in the winter, it is something I am seriously thinking of getting installed. Has anyone got any experience of it?

Bramble

Joyce

Re: Air con
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »

We had one at my old work. It was cooled by ice packs, but only worked for about an hour. Electrician said only kind which would work properly would have to be vented to outside wall, which management weren't prepared to do.
I would reckon good quality large fan would probably do.

lily

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

We've got a fan on just now and it's great.  I think air con can get a bit too chilly and give you a dry throat - both can be switched on and off though.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »

We have a A/C portable unit that we keep in our bedroom.   It gets so hot as the airing cupboard is in there.  It does make a noise but I sleep with earplugs in anyway (hubby snores) so I don't hear it and it does keep the room lovely and cool at night.  My office doesn't have A/C, it's a very old building and I sit right at the top at the back, freezing cold in the winter and like a sauna in the summer.  Got all the windows open and a fan on but it doesn't make too much difference  ::)