Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estradot patches  (Read 2807 times)

Liz

Estradot patches
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »

Sorry to bring this up again, ladies, but the fact that most of you seem to have no trouble with getting these patches to stick, I'm trying to work out what I'm doing wrong.......

First of all, do you think I'm making things worse by swabbing with the Surgical Spirit first?  I always make sure it's completely dry, but the latest patch curled after one day?  I always press the patch with the palm of my hand for a good minute or so.

Currently putting them on my upper thigh (more to the side) as when I put them on my bum cheek my knickers kept disrupting them.

Any tips on getting these little devils to stay put would be great!  They don't come off completely but the edges curl right up and I reckon I lose some of the patch dosage, as I try not to change them early.

Joyce

Re: Estradot patches
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

Meno consultant advised me to put on after shower/bath in the morning or evening whenever you are due to replace. No oils or anything. Skin must be bone dry. Press into position and hold for minimum of 10 seconds. It's worked fine for me.

Liz

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

Thanks cubagirl.  Maybe it's the Surgical spirit then?  I'll stop doing that and see how I go.  Can I ask where you put yours?

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:37 AM »

Below waistline. Tummy or hips. I go round that area in circles.  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »

Hi Liz

I think I've probs mentioned before - I never have any problems and I am not fanatical about how I treat the skin. However I always stick them on the bum cheek - so never put lotions or anything on this area - but does't matter if it's after a bath or shwer or just before I go to bed if I have forgoteen to change the patch it always seems to go on OK. I imagine surgical spirit might affect the adhesive.

Re the location I do make sure it is away from the knicker line but of course depends on what sort you wear. I mean if you are G string gal there isn't anywhere to stick it  ;D. I usually wear the bikini  or brief shorts type ( the modern sort!) type so there is some material over the cheeks so to speak! Just be careful when using the loo and with fitted stretch jeans or shorts ie I try not to slide them down especially in hot weather.

Re the curling up - I can't remember the dose you have but a little bit of curling probably doesn't matter but best to make sure it's all stuck down firmly to start with including the edges. I am sure some of the women in the studies on the dosage will have had a little bit of loosening towards the end of the 3 1/2 days  and shouldn't matter hugely....

I hold in place for much longer than 10 secs - I try to do 30 I walk about holding it in place until I am sure it's stuck well!

Good luck!!

Hurdity x

Liz

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »

Thanks Hurdity!  It's been better this time, but think I may try your idea of bum cheek!  I wear the bikini type knickers too, so hoping I can place them under the material, although my knickers always seem to slide down as I haven't got much of a bum! ;)  I presume sitting down, etc, doesn't cause them to roll off.