Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mobile phone problems.  (Read 7282 times)

honeybun

Mobile phone problems.
« on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »

It's coming up to mobile phone upgrade time for me so I was browsing my providers website on Saturday.
On Sunday I got a txt thanking me for my order and it would be on its way soon. I had not ordered anything.
I called them and a very nice young man said I must have clicked on something by mistake.....No.

He said he would cancel the order. I asked where the new phone was being sent and was it to my address. No it was to Essex. Someone has got into my account and ordered a nice new i phone.

Now my account is locked and I am waiting for a call from their fraud dept.

I am a bit concerned and am now changing passwords all over the place.

It's just not a nice feeling. If I had missed that txt then it could have got very messy.
I wonder if the address in Essex will be followed up. I suspect not.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

Re: Mobile phone problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »

Nightmare. Similar happened to my brother a few months back. He and his wife were away for a few days and someone managed to hack into one of his accounts.  He had his suspicions but couldn't prove it, so likewise had to close accounts and change passwords. I had to change online banking password as bank said that there had been a possible breach. I'm getting so confused with passwords, as I use so many different ones.
Just as well you got a text HB!