Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: windows open or closed in heat ?  (Read 11848 times)

Meg

Re: windows open or closed in heat ?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 12:57:33 AM »

Have had to shut the windows tonight because of noise from outside, someone having a party I think.  There is inevitable noise from outside eg. car doors, taxis pulling up, kids playing, noise just gets to me these days.  With the heat I am feeling even more irritable.  I am really fed up with loud banging music coming from cars, it drives me nuts, I find it so inconsiderate that this is inflicted on people who really dont like it.  Just want peace and quiet and less heat.

Meg

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 06:59:27 AM »

I have to have something over me even it's just a sheet. Bedroom window open most of the year. Well except when it's blowing a gale or snowing.  ;D

fiorinda

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »

I live in an upstairs flat (and work indoors too), and although there is a shared patch of lawn at the back it's not really usable for anything more than hanging out washing, so I like the windows open to let a bit of the outside in. Sometimes I prop open the door, which is at the bottom of the stairs, too, that can get a nice breeze circulating. If I lived in a house with a private garden I'd have the back door open all summer.

I prefer the bedroom window open at night when it's hot, and so does my cat, in fact she'd like it open all year as she loves to be on the roof - we pulled it to a bit the other night, not realising she was out there, so I had to get up later as she was crying outside to come in. She can't get down from the roof unless she comes in through the (attic) bedroom window!

I recently found out that my partner doesn't actually like sleeping with the window open because he's afraid of bugs coming in!! The whole flat is like an oven in warm weather though, and the attic bedroom especially so.

Dyan

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

In the nuddy,quilt off,windows open.

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »

Hope the curtains are shut Dyan.

;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »

There are several types of fly screen that can be cut to measure for doors and windows.

All windows open around the house this evening

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »

I live in an old stone cottage so doors and windows downstairs kept firmly closed during the day and early evening and the house is lovely and cool all day (but I like being outside in the heat too!) compared to the furnace outside, so no need to waste energy on fans or anything! Upstairs keep the bedroom windows open day and night. It's completely still and quiet all night from about 9 pm especially since the pub next door closed  :( . Sparrows wake at dawn and are noisy....

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »

the pub closed Hurdity? Obviously you didn't do enough  :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Taz x  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »

;D

I left the spare bedroom window open all night  :o - it's accessed from a sloping roof  :o  :o ...... no sign of the Black Magic man though  :P

kerrieann

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »

;D ;D try leaving your window open tonight, he may come in when he knows where you are  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]